Thread: Migrating from Office 365 to Zimbra

Hybrid View

Default Migrating from Office 365 to Zimbra

I've had nothing but poor support from Office 365, and we're considering moving our service to an open source solution. Anyone got any guides/success migrating office 365 to Zimbra? We do not have a hybrid environment with a local exchange server. It is all cloud based with us.

Bump. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MustQ View Post
    I've had nothing but poor support from Office 365, and we're considering moving our service to an open source solution. Anyone got any guides/success migrating office 365 to Zimbra? We do not have a hybrid environment with a local exchange server. It is all cloud based with us.
    Hello MustQ, you have to consider what integration level you have using Office 365, obviuosly using Zimbra, you will be lacking some of that, as always... you have to test.

ccelis.

hello MustQ
    it is easy to migrate office 365 to zimbra , tell us also how accounts did you use over 365 ?

We have 60 users on Office 365. For a test, we would 'like' to have our IT department using zimbra for about a month (so that's about 8 users) for feedback.

Currently we're on O365's E3 plan which gives us the full office suite and MS lync as well as sharepoint.

We don't use sharepoint so no loss there. We use Lync but not enough that we can't move to another messaging provider/solution. And I've used LibreOffice before and am not unimpressed with their free offerings. And I figure the only thing/area of contention is the loss of outlook and email hence my interest in Zimbra.

We're already running a Vmware Vcenter environment with 3 ESXI servers, and have a small team of people who are able to manage and maintain our own servers.