Problems with Outlook
I am running an exchange server and I am having trouble with a few things:
1. Finding the .pst files of each user
2. Adding the zimbra server as an IMAP email to outlook.
1. I have been looking for the .pst files of each user. If anyone knows off the bat it would be really nice.
2. I add the email address to outlook and the username and password is wrong. It keeps asking me for a new one.
I've tried things like:
Please if anyone could help me with this I would be so thankful. I am working on it tonight and I need to get it up by tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Saad
Welcome to the forums (and the light)! :)
Couple questions for you. You said you are running an Exchange server, do you have administrative access to the machine? Are you running Zimbra Network Edition or the Open Source?
You should have three options to handle migration from an Exchange server, two require admin rights on the Exchange server:
1) REQUIRES ADMIN RIGHTS ON EXCHANGE - Use the migration tool available for download in the Zimbra admin control panel, see the wiki tool here
2) REQUIRES ADMIN RIGHTS ON EXCHANGE - There is a tool called ExMerge that will allow you all an Exchange Administrator to easily and quickly export the mailboxes in question to pst files. The link directly to Microsoft's web site for download here. You can then run the Zimbra import tool from the admin control panel (not sure why you wouldn't use option 1, but I thought I would give this to you as well).
3) Use something like IMAPSYNC to move the mail and directory structures over for you
For the IMAP authentication, be sure you have:
Best of luck and welcome again!
- Enabled IMAP (in the Global Settings - must restart Zimbra for this to take effect)
- Using SSL for IMAP in the Outlook Client
- And/Or enable clear text logins (in the Global Settings - must restart Zimbra fro this to take effect).
Yes I have access to the machine. I am also running the Network Edition.
I will test this and get back to you in a few minutes.
I did as you told me for the IMAP settings.
I am trying to use the migration tool but I am getting this error when it comes to the MAPI logon.
"Could not open the default message store"
I made a new profile like the wiki told me but I still get this error. I've tried with working profiles and still the same error.
And you have admin rights on the Exchange server?
Originally Posted by Saad
Correct I do. I am on the server right now. If you would like I am on AIM. My name is Selm323.
I extracted the user profiles from Exchange with Exmerge and when I try to use the import tool I get this error
29-01-2007 09:07:58 : ZCSImportWiz-4.0.5_GA_517 Version 4.0
29-01-2007 09:07:58 : Creating / starting worker thread
29-01-2007 09:07:58 : Dispatching work to worker thread
29-01-2007 09:07:58 : Worker thread started
29-01-2007 09:07:58 : Unable to Logon to the profile
29-01-2007 09:07:58 : Worker thread exiting
Can you logon to the profile with outlook?
That is just the error I get when I extracted the files from exchange using exmerge and tried importing them with the import tool.