We've uploaded the latest import/migration bits to sourceforge:
I installed from zcs-4.5.5_GA_838.UBUNTU6.tgz yesterday. Same import issue, I think. Squished images and unopenable docs, xls, ppts, etc. Is the fixed import a separate download?
Apologies in advance for the noob question.
Last edited by godzilla8nj; 06-26-2007 at 11:41 AM.
FYI, the import available in my admin is ZCSImportWiz-4.5.5_GA_831.exe. I see no exe outside Zimbra Desktop at SourceForge.net: Files
Is it only in the 5.0 beta or something? If so, does anyone have just the import tool (& can it be used against the 4.5.5 GA)?
Last edited by godzilla8nj; 06-27-2007 at 06:45 AM.
I've been caught by this Exchange Migration Wizard bug in ZCSMigWiz-4.5.5_GA_831 of the Ubuntu 4.5.5 version. It's really serious and a disaster for the politics of my migration from exchange to be now telling users that their binary attachments are corrupt.
1. Is there a way to get hold of the ZCSMigWiz-4.5.5_GA_866 or greater fixed version of the wizard short of undertaking a complete zimbra install on a test machine just to get at this one exe? The previously posted links have not helped as others have noted.
2. Is there a tool to repair the damaged binary attachments of those already migrated?
Last edited by sqb; 06-29-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Did you try the 4.5.6 one?
Yes, the 4.5.6 version of the wizard would be fine. But please answer the original question.
How do I get hold of just the new exchange migration wizard short of upgrading my whole zimbra installation? I only want the wizard exe file!
*edit the connectors need to be re-added (some we're kinda in the 4.5.6 pre-release folder but that has been moved)
Check back in a couple of days and that might be updated/in a separate downloads for wizards/connectors/add-ons.
If your pressed for time, open a support ticket and they will send you the current migration wizard.
Last edited by mmorse; 06-29-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Okay, with the help of a support ticket, I have got hold of the good version for 4.5.5 It just requires some insider knowledge on navigating the Zimbra support portal ... and a ZCS: Network Edition support account.
1. Go to the Support Portal/Downloads page:
Zimbra Support Portal - Home
login with your support username and password
2. Click on the Search Repository box
3. Enter 'migration' in the search field then hit 'Go' - that will get you a list of migration wizards currently available.
4. You should find and download the Exchange Migration Wizard with a File Version of 4.5.5_GA_881
FYI....I'm having the same issues opening attachments imported by the PST import wizard tool. I'm running Zimbra Network Edition 4.5.6. Let me know if you need any further information.