Thread: Please don't shoot me: How do I migrate FROM Zimbra TO Exchange?

Hybrid View

Unhappy Please don't shoot me: How do I migrate FROM Zimbra TO Exchange?

Before I get started, I love Zimbra, I'm administering several implementations... and this question has nothing to do with my personal views. I never thought I would have to migrate the other direction , but I have been assigned to a client who is moving from Zimbra to Exchange. Is there an easy tool for exporting Zimbra to Exchange?

They've been using several clients to connect to Zimbra (Evolution, Thunderbird, and Outlook), as well as using the web interface. I'm going to have a heavy load with the Thunderbird folks, who were popping it and not leaving it on the server.. but was hoping that a tool exists for the other 60% of the users so I can automate as much as possible.

Default Re: Please don't shoot me: How do I migrate FROM Zimbra TO Exchange?

I looked into this while we were considering both exchange and zimbra. We wanted to make sure that it would be possible to go to exchange if zimbra didn't work out for some reason. With exchange 2003, you should be able to import existing mail on the Zimbra server with the built in IMAP importer. Unfortunately exchange 2007 does not have an IMAP importer. Calendaring migration would be more painful. A company called Sumatra Development specializes in calendaring software migrations and when I last spoke to them, they thought they could come up with something to do the migration if needed. I'm sure they wouldn't be cheap though. Good luck.