Page 36 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

What's the CPU usage like on the z-push server?

My first experience with the iPhone (3G I think) was that it would cause many apache processes to spawn, push the CPU to 100% and effectively kill the server.

Turned out that it was continuously 'sync-ing' rather than 'ping-ing' the state. Changed from 'push' to 'every 15 mins' and has been fine since, he just has to be a few minutes behind the rest of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Q-wulf View Post
    RyecoAaron & gtr33m, ty for the quick reply.

I was missing for both Alias Commands the / (:443 & :80) and the c of ActiveSync (:80)

it seems to work with both "" or without "" for the path to the directory.

Edit: It still throws a 0x80072F0D error, but i', pretty sure that is because of the SSL Certificate beeeing selfsigned.
    Tho it does not change even after i exported it from firefox, renamed it from *.cert to *.cer and saved it on my phones Flashdrive, then opening thereby installing it on my machine (shows up under my phones root certificates)

Edit2: Fixed the 0x80072F0D error by adding the sync website to trusted sites in IE8, then browsing to it clicking on teh certificate error --> view error --> install certificate and then saving the certificate as a *.cer file. I then copied it down to my mobile device and installed it by opening it.

Now active synch throws the following error:
    "Exchange ActiveSync has encountered an error. if conditions persists, please contact your Exchange Administrator [ 0x80830002 ].. still looking into what the issue might be.

Edit3: The google search only found error 0x80830002 in con junction with this thread on XDA-developers.com, which talks about aborting sync when the mail size is too big. (with regards to MS Exchange). Then i checked more closely and it seems to be that there is for a very short time a "syncronising folders" message before active sync says it cannot work. I tried to sync both via Wifi and via HSDPA

Is there any way to check if Active Sync on my mobile actually connects propperly ?

Edit 4: According to this thread here:
    5.5.*Configure Z-Push (Remote ActiveSync for Mobile Devices)
    I am supposed to get:

I can login with my Zimbra mailbox credentials, however i do not get this message displayed. If i enter a wrong credential i get told i entered wrong credentials.

Edit5: I just managed to get it to work. Synched all my contacts/mails.

What i basically did, was remove the z-push install. and get the latest z-push 1.5.1 beta and the latest zimbrabackend (imho revision 46), made the same edits as i did before according to Push email, contacts and calendar with Zimbra 6 Opensource & Z-Push – ActiveSync | slashdevslashnull.com I`m not sure wether it was either the z-push i had (1.4.2) or ZimbraBackend (Revision 45) or a editing error i made.

Anyhow, ty for the help
    I've seen the 0x80830002 error before: It was a message with MANY, MANY recipient such that the 5K retrieval limit (typical default for most devices) was reached before the end of the header. Check the ZWC and see if there's a message like this in the inbox, and move/delete it.

Hi --

The cpu load hovers between .30-.40, but it's a virtual machine (ESXi 4.1 - 1 core, 2GB ram). when apache lights up load spikes up over .7-.8

I do see what I presume to be multiple attempts to sync. Based on the note quoted below - I've set the device to manual instead of push; and I'm still getting the connect fail message. I don't really understand why the device is triggering multiple attempts to sync...

While this is a production server, there aren't more than 1/2 a dozen mail accounts active on it - and push mail to my iphone would be a great help.

Any suggestions would be welcome at this point.

T>

Quote Originally Posted by jonallport View Post
    What's the CPU usage like on the z-push server?

My first experience with the iPhone (3G I think) was that it would cause many apache processes to spawn, push the CPU to 100% and effectively kill the server.

Turned out that it was continuously 'sync-ing' rather than 'ping-ing' the state. Changed from 'push' to 'every 15 mins' and has been fine since, he just has to be a few minutes behind the rest of us!

Default E72 sending problem

I'm having this problem:
    https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=42947

Is this a quick fix (fake Outbox folder) or should I send these E72s back?

TIA

Update:
    Thanks to Vincent (LiverpoolFCFan) who's looking into this (via SourceForge).
    Last edited by jonallport; 11-04-2010 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Update

I'm having cpu overload with z-push as well, with iphone (and maybe android) clients.
    I'm actually investigating, still haven't found the exact cause.
    I see the problem when in mailbox.log there are messages like "session no longer exists" or "session is expired". in that case I need to restart apache.

If you're interested, follow the discussion here:
    SourceForge.net: Z-Push Zimbra Backend: Detail: 3088783 - Excessive load on Zimbra
    YetOpen S.r.l. ~ Your open source partner
    Lecco (LC) - ITALY
    http://www.yetopen.it

Default Encoding and send-to problems

I'm having problems with encoding.
    Several of our incoming mails are written in iso-8859-2 encoding, and after sync, they are re-encoded wrongly.
    This is original message:
    Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    Subject: HTTPS scada
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/related;
    type="multipart/alternative";
    boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01CB7042.8413A67E"
    Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 12:35:28 +0200
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5
    Message-ID: <BD0CA4D4B11EB1449B16B615FAB6E8122E16FF@fangorn.ko munalac.local.hr>
    X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
    Thread-Topic: HTTPS scada
    Thread-Index: ActwQkzu8IwCp/DCT9+F4QyAoxrafQ==
    From: =?iso-8859-2?Q?=AEeljko_Vugrinec?= <zeljko.vugrinec@komunalac-kc.hr>
    To: <mbrscic@duplico.hr>
    X-Komunalac-MailScanner-Information: Please contact the ISP for more information
    X-Komunalac-MailScanner-ID: E0569A8409E.CD747
    X-Komunalac-MailScanner: Found to be clean
    X-Komunalac-MailScanner-From: zeljko.vugrinec@komunalac-kc.hr

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------_=_NextPart_001_01CB7042.8413A67E
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01CB7042.8413A67E"

------_=_NextPart_002_01CB7042.8413A67E
    Content-Type: text/plain;
    charset="iso-8859-2"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Po=B9tovani,

=20

molim Vas da mi odgovorite da li ste pri kraju sa rje=B9enjem za =
    spajanje na SCADA sustav putem HTTPS protokola iz vanjske mre=BEe?
    Correct displayed text is (in Zimbra desktop):
    Poštovani,
    molim Vas da mi odgovorite da li ste pri kraju sa rješenjem za spajanje na SCADA sustav putem HTTPS protokola iz vanjske mreže?
    And sync on my iPhone 4 looks like this:

As you can see, the Croatian characters like "š" and "ž" are displayed incorrect, and I believe that other Croatian characters "č", "ć" and "đ" would also be displayed incorrect.

Other problem is with send-to Name:

As you can see, on first picture From field is the same as To field, but it shouldn't be because sender has different email from me. This error only occurs when syncing unread e-mails.

Please help...

Quote Originally Posted by DaggarDan View Post
    Hi All,

Guillaume, I'm not sure if I'm having the same experience that you are .. perhaps you could share a bit more [and whether you resolved the problem]?

I tried the same libraries that you used, and then again last night tried z-push 1.5beta (with zimbrabackend Rev45 && _NO_ provisioning).

I see in my debug.txt log the list of folders, i see the login from the device.

I see in my apache logs the login + the request for "OPTIONS", yet the device errors out saying "Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed".

....... [03/Nov/2010:01:36:20 -0400] "OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync HTTP/1.1" 200 2 "-" "Apple-iPod/705.18" .............
    ....... [03/Nov/2010:01:36:21 -0400] "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?User=xxxx@xxx&DeviceId=Applxxxxx&Devicy pe=iPod&Cmd=FolderSync HTTP/1.1" 200 318 "-" "Apple-iPod/705.18"

I thought perhaps that it might be a volume issue (IE : too many folders or too many emails), but checking a much smaller account the same issues appear. I'm running on Ubuntu 8.0.4LTS (self signed cert), zcs-6.0.5_GA_2213.UBUNTU8.20100202225756, with both an iPhone 3GS (iOS 4), and first generation iTouch

Any guidance on tracing this down would be greatly appreciated.

Tim.
    Hi Tim,
    Sorry i had no time to look at the problem last week (too much work at the moment). I will post back as soon as possible.
    Guillaume

I can get the GET not supported page to load, but can not get my iphone to even register a connection attempt in the logs ... any idea how to trouble shoot?
    Last edited by sangamc; 11-08-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk View Post
    I'm having problems with encoding.
    Several of our incoming mails are written in iso-8859-2 encoding, and after sync, they are re-encoded wrongly.

Other problem is with send-to Name:

As you can see, on first picture From field is the same as To field, but it shouldn't be because sender has different email from me. This error only occurs when syncing unread e-mails.
    I am not sure on the encoding question. We will have to look into it a little more.

For the From/To names being the same, I have found and fixed that issue for the next release of the backend. It will be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sangamc View Post
    I can get the GET not supported page to load, but can not get my iphone to even register a connection attempt in the logs ... any idea how to trouble shoot?
    Are you using a self-signed or commercial certificate ?

Does the iPhone have to have the certificate registered locally before it can
    connect ?

Are you seeing anything in your httpd log files - ssl_error_log or ssl_request_log or ssl_access_log ?