Page 48 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Some days.... Noob mistakes. It's always the "Optional" bits

So I have "fixed" it, but it is still not working for my calendars (nice catch on the s). Contacts are fine. What I have is:

Calendar
    >Calendar
    >TimeTrack
    >Marianne's Calendar (shared)

All 3 calendars are showing up. I am trying to get just the Calendar. This is what I have:
    Code:
               <zimbrabackend user="sam">
                 <profile id="" usehtml="true" sendasname="Sam Greco" sendasemail="sam@mydomain.net" timezone="America/Chicago">
                     <message active="false">
                     </message>
                     <contact active="true" virtual="false">
                     <primary name="Address Book"/>
                         <include name="Phone Contacts" recursive="true/>
                     </contact>
                     <appointment active="true" virtual="false">
                     <primary name="Calendar"/>
                         <exclude name="Marianne's Calendar" exclude name="TimeTrack" recursive="true/>
                     </appointment>
                     <task active="true" virtual="false">
                     <primary name="Tasks"/>
                         <include name="Tasks" recursive="true/>
                     </task>
                  </profile>
                </zimbrabackend>
    Thanks for all of the help thus far. You have no idea how much I appreciate it
    Last edited by samgreco; 02-18-2011 at 05:59 PM.

You can only have one "exclude" per line - hopefully this will fix it for you

Code:
               <zimbrabackend user="sam">
                 <profile id="" usehtml="true" sendasname="Sam Greco" sendasemail="sam@mydomain.net" timezone="America/Chicago">
                     <message active="false">
                     </message>
                     <contact active="true" virtual="false" >
                         <primary name="Address Book" />
                         <include name="Phone Contacts" recursive="true" />
                     </contact>
                     <appointment active="true" virtual="false">
                         <primary name="Calendar" />
                         <exclude name="Marianne's Calendar" />
                         <exclude name="TimeTrack" recursive="true" />
                     </appointment>
                     <task active="true" virtual="false">
                         <primary name="Tasks" />
                         <include name="Tasks" recursive="true" />
                     </task>
                  </profile>
                </zimbrabackend>
    Make sure your quote marks all match up in your editor before saving the file. The posting page editor does some funny things with them - so best to double check them on your system before saving.

Thanks again. That did it. And for the quotes, I've learned to pass everything through Crimson Editor now. Anything copied from Notepad or a browser tends to mangle quotes.

One last question.

I host multiple domains on my Zimbra server. And I have accounts on all of them. 2 personal and 2 business domains. Is there any way to have XML files for more than one domain if the user id is the same?

sam@abc.com
    sam@xyz.com

Both have the ID of Sam.

Or Am I going to have to install Z-Push for each domain? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    I do not have any iPhones - so cannot test.

Do the processes stay around - or is it a short term burst ?

I have seen that Andriod causes similar behaviour when it does an initial sync - or starts a new sync cycle after an email or contacts change has broken the ping cycle.

It seems like WM and Nokia are well behaved - and issue a Hierarchy check first, followed by a folder check, etc. They make 3 connections to the server ... serially.

Andriod on the other hand fires off all three requests simultaneously. It seems that if the hierarchy check detects a change, it will spawn off a new session that will result in 2 sets of pings running against the server for the phone.

I have not nailed down the exact conditions that cause it - but usually after a full ping cycle, everything settles down, and you get just one connection again.

If you can elaborate on the iPhone behaviour it would be useful.
    Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm out of of the office for a few days, but from what I recollect it seemed to go on indefinitely. That said, I didn't leave it on for any real length of time. I'd be happy to have another go when I'm in the office and I'll report back. It certainly wasn't alerting me to new messages though.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by samgreco View Post

Is there any way to have XML files for more than one domain if the user id is the same?

sam@abc.com
    sam@xyz.com

Both have the ID of Sam.

Or Am I going to have to install Z-Push for each domain? Ugh.
    A lot depends on the mobile device you are using. Many, if not most, will not support multiple ActiveSync profiles on the same device.

If your's does, then you can try using the complete email address as the userID - that would allow you to differentiate. Or, you could try to add a unique alias to each account so you can login using the alias - and then set up individual XML files to match the alias name.

Great. I'll experiment a bit. We've got new Androids here, so we'll see.

Hi folks!

First I want to thank you for the good work, the Zimbra backend is very valuable to me.

Why I registered is that I have a small problem with appointements. I live in the Europe/Brussels timezone and since the last daylight change, my appointements are 1 hour ahead.

If I create an appointement from my device, the correct time is reported on the server. But then, my android device shows the incorrect time.

My timezone is set everywhere I could (php.ini, config.php, ZCS). I have also tried the user@Timezone trick but I saw no effect.

Do you have any pointer for that little annoying problem?

Thanks for all!

Seems a strange problem. I use an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy s) and have no such issue with time changes.

You didn't mention it so I'll ask, have you checked to ensure that your server operating system is configured for Daylight Savings Time ?

Also, can you elaborate on what exactly you mean by Android shows the incorrect time ?

When you create the appointment on the device it should just sync to the server. It should not get updated on the device unless you make a change on the server. Are you seeing the appointment actually move by one hour in your calendar ?

What setting do you have for your time synchronization on the device ?

Settings->Date and time

Have you set it to "Automatic" or have you manually selected a timezone ?

The server is configured for the Europe/Brussels timezone and daylight saving is effective (UTC & Local time are correct at both period)

One particularity that I missed to report is that it seems to concern only recurring events.

If I try to change the series on the device, the change is made, then a sync is performed and finally, the time is set back to it's incorrect time (1 hour ahead). For example:

Zimbra Web Event Stard: 10:00
    Android Device Event Start: 9:00
    --> performing change on the series from the device
    Android Device Event Start: 10:00
    --> Sync
    Android Device Event Start: 9:00

The recurring event was created while we were at GMT+2 and we now are GMT+1.

If i try to change a parcular event of the series, then a new event appears on the device (with the correct hours) and the old one still appears.

I ended up with the following solution: I deleted all the series created before and I recreated them. The correct time is now displayed on the device.

My android settings for the timezone is:

"Central Europe/Brussels" (translated from French, my device is in French).

So the problem seems to be related only to recurring events created at different DST.

Default Interim fix for HTC Categories

It has come to my attention that there is an issue with the HTC Android client syncing Categories to Tags in backend releases 46-48. Thanks to forum user rfr for pointing it out.

This relates to the fact the the HTC email application is sending over a blank categories field from the phone when no categories apply to a contact/appointment/task - however the expected behaviour is that the field would not be sent over at all.

This issue will be fixed in release 49 currently in testing.

However, to fix the issue in advance of release 49 being available, a simple fix is needed in 3 places in the code.

Search for the 3 lines that look like
    Code:
                    if(isset($input->categories)){
    and replace them with
    Code:
                    if (isset($input->categories) and (trim($input->categories) != "")) {