Page 65 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    The problem was identified as an incorrect Alias directive.

Alias was configured as
    Code:
    Alias  /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync    /....../z-push/
    which would allow the browser page to work - but it would never allow anything beyond that to work.

Alias was corrected to
    Code:
    Alias  /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync    /....../z-push/index.php
    index.php has to be on the end of the alias directive for the backend processing to work.

Thanks a lot for your help :-)

Default Answer

Quote Originally Posted by tja View Post
    yeah, thx for the hint.
    i checked and see the same thing with the galaxy tab and samsungs original gingerbread firmware but at least it is syncing - 2.2 on the tab did never sync calendar here.
    your sgs 2.3.3 fw isnt samsungs by chance ?!? when i get back the sgs i will re-check with the 2.3.4 cyanogen fw on it.

the conclusion for me is to stay away from samsungs firmwares - im just waiting for a working version of cyanogen for the tab ...

in the scope of a business - not just fooling around like me - i wonder if the samsung firmware would work bugfree with an exchange server and if, what would make the difference - i have no exchange server at hand to test this.
    rolling out custom firmware for employees seems uuuhhmm problematic to me.
    Hi,

Did you find a solution with multiple mobile numbers ?
    I've got the same issue....

Quote Originally Posted by mzcktyler View Post
    Hi,

Did you find a solution with multiple mobile numbers ?
    I've got the same issue....
    Please be more specific - what exactly is your issue?

What version of the backend? What version of z-push? What phone type? What phone numbers are not synching?

Does anyone have HTML displaying email setup with the zimbra backend?
    If so can you post your z-push version & zimbra backend config & version.

I have as12 + zimbra backend 51 working just not displaying html mail on my iphone.

Once i get this working i would like to put together one big package that has everything all configured for everyone
    so this can be unzip and deployed easily
    otel consulting, inc.
    www.otelconsulting.com | facebook | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    Does anyone have HTML displaying email setup with the zimbra backend?
    If so can you post your z-push version & zimbra backend config & version.

I have as12 + zimbra backend 51 working just not displaying html mail on my iphone.

Once i get this working i would like to put together one big package that has everything all configured for everyone
    so this can be unzip and deployed easily
    Firstly, it won't work with Release 51, as I only recently got access to an iPod Touch (iOS 4.3) for extended testing and finally figured out how the emails have to be constructed in order for the iPod to render HTML. It should work the same for iPhone/iPad. It is, however, very different from all other phones.

Secondly, it does NOT work with as12. The iPhone does not recognise protocol version 12.

HTML email for android/WM/Nokia/Apple is possible with the as12.1 z-push version, together with the as12.1 branch of the zimbra backend (must be 51.2.as12.1 or later) from the zimbrabackend sourceforge SVN. There are instructions in the as12.1 branch directory for getting it installed and working. Please pay particular attention to the CRITICAL readme file. It cannot be a drop in replacement for an existing 1.5.x installation, as the state folder handling has changed significantly.

In addition, HTML email for iPhone/iPad/iPod only is also now possible with z-push 1.5.x with the latest trunk version (must be 51.2 or later) of the zimbra backend - as Apple has used the MIME format to allow them to grab HTML email from a server over ActiveSync protocol 2.5

While I see the benefits of 'packaging it up' I have looked into it in the past, and come down against doing so for 2 reasons.

1. Even though Andreas has done fantastic work on the as12.1 branch will never be an official z-push release. z-push 2 is in the works, and will support as14 natively. It is a complete re-architecture so the code is already significantly different from the existing trunk and as12.1 versions. Currently it does not support as14 but it is due to be built in by the next milestone. And release is earmarked for z-push-2 at the start of January. It will provide a supported platform for HTML email handling going forward. I have done some testing with the latest SVN version, and it is looking good so far - but I'm waiting for as14 support to really .

2. The release cycles of different products make it very cumbersome to maintain a complete package. That combined with the fact that there are no release packages for as12.1 - just individual fixes checked into the SVN - makes it a near impossible task.

If you have any issue getting it working after you check out the as12.1 branches of both z-push and the zimbra backend - then ping me and I can help. I have been running it for several months now.
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 10-10-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Just for SnG can you post your config for z-push section for zimbra
    otel consulting, inc.

To get the as12.1 branches of z-push and zimbra backend

Code:
    svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/z-push/branches/as12.1
    svn checkout https://zimbrabackend.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/zimbrabackend/zimbra-backend/branches/as12.1 zimbrabackend
    Follow the z-push INSTALL instructions to set up folders, permissions, the php directives, and the alias for /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync, etc.
    Follow the zimbrabackend CRITICAL README.TXT instructions to remove the unwanted backend files, add the zimbra backend files, and replace the z-push request.php file with the one with the long convoluted name from the zimbrabackend directory.

Read the updated Changes Made To Revision 52: at the top of the zimbra.php file. These are changes made since the release of Release 51 that have not been fully documented in Release Notes yet - as Release 52 is still not ready.

Remove the activesync profile from your device, then re-add it pointing to the new install.

And, remember, this is not and will not become an official release of z-push.

My config.php for as12.1 branch of zimbra backend with as12.1 branch of z-push is attached.

You will need to change
    define('ZIMBRA_URL', 'http://myzimbraserver'); (put in your zimbra server url)
    define('PROVISIONING', true); (turn it off it you are not using it)

*** REMOVED CONFIG.PHP TEXT AS EDITOR MANGLED IT ***

*** FILE IS ATTACHED INSTEAD - HAD TO ADD .TXT EXTENSION TO UPLOAD ****
    That should be it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by liverpoolfcfan; 10-12-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Nice got it working on iOS 5 beta. However your config error and i just changed it to the default config file with the zimbra backend setting at the end

PHP Code:
        $BACKEND_PROVIDER "BackendZimbra";

// **********************
        //  BackendZimbra settings
        // **********************

define('ZIMBRA_DEBUG',true);

define('ZIMBRA_URL''http://ZimbraSERVERNAME');

define('ZIMBRA_USER_DIR''zimbra');

define('ZIMBRA_SYNC_CONTACT_PICTURES'true);

define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_APPOINTMENTS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_TASKS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_IGNORE_EMAILED_CONTACTS',true);

define('ZIMBRA_HTML'true);

define('ZIMBRA_NOKIA_MFE_FIX'true);

define('ZIMBRA_NOKIA_MFE_ALWAYS_OVERWRITE'true);

define('ZIMBRA_TIMEZONE''America/New_York');

define('ZIMBRA_ENFORCE_VALID_EMAIL'true); 
    otel consulting, inc.

Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    Nice got it working on iOS 5 beta. However your config error and i just changed it to the default config file with the zimbra backend setting at the end
    I think the webpage editor mangled it. I removed the text and added it as an attachment to my previous post instead.

I'm looking into getting a windows mobile phone as a replacement to my blackberry and looking into zpush to do the calendar and contacts sync (as I couldn't get funambol working with zcs 7 at all on our BB's).

I've read the install documentation for zpush and it states that it should work on wp7 in their supported device list and the install seems straightforward enough so that should work well enough.

However, reading through this thread, I've seen mention that it's not reccomended to install zpush on the same server as zcs. I don't have a spare machine on hand right now and would rather avoid installing a VM for zpush so I'd like to know what would be the extra steps so install on the same machine as the zcs server/the extra steps needed when upgrading zimbra as I haven't seen any post/docs detailling it and I'm not an apache guru.

Also, as for installing the backend, the only instructions I could find were at : Push email, contacts and calendar with Zimbra 6 Opensource & Z-Push – ActiveSync | slashdevslashnull.com

This is however for a very old version (16). Is this still the same exact install procedure (extract all files to the backend and edit zpush with the changes in the post above ?) or are there extra steps needed now since there appears to be extra files in the backend archive than just zpush.php ?

Just trying to properly do my homework before I move ahead with implementation (and decide 100% whether I go with WP7 or Android)!

Thanks!