Page 69 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

ah found it.. would check it tomorrow..
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

Liver it works great thanks for all the help.

Is it possible to sync all the mail in the inbox incase i am trying to pull up a mail that was a week or 2 old or even more ?
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

So I switched to an Android device from an iPhone back in February. I realized that my contacts were not syncing the other day. Seems they never were. I enabled it on the phone and the sync ran forever. Finally had to kill it.

I enabled debug, but the debug file just kept growing. It hit 125MB when I killed the sync again.

I am using:
    Z-Push 1.55
    Zimbra Backend 51
    Zimbra FOSS 6.0.9 (yes I know)

Any pointers on where I should start to troubleshoot this?

Quote Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
    Any pointers on where I should start to troubleshoot this?
    Did the contacts actually sync ?

If not, turn up xbxml_debug in wbxml, and zimbra_debug in config.php and try to do a full sync.

Look for the last entries for your userid in the log file. Hopefully you will find a process that just terminates - ie. The sequence of commands in the debug lines does not end with a logoff.

Then look back at the last record that was pulled from zimbra just prior to the termination - You might have a contact record that is corrupted somehow.

If you can identify a bad record - record the info - delete it from the server and see if the problem disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    Liver it works great thanks for all the help.

Is it possible to sync all the mail in the inbox incase i am trying to pull up a mail that was a week or 2 old or even more ?
    You set that under account settings ...

Menu -> Tools -> Options -> Account Settings

Do Next, Next until you get to the list of content to sync.

Scroll down to [ ] Email - then press Menu -> Settings

The first option "Download the past" - lets you select from 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks,1 month, and All

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    Did the contacts actually sync ?

If not, turn up xbxml_debug in wbxml, and zimbra_debug in config.php and try to do a full sync.

Look for the last entries for your userid in the log file. Hopefully you will find a process that just terminates - ie. The sequence of commands in the debug lines does not end with a logoff.

Then look back at the last record that was pulled from zimbra just prior to the termination - You might have a contact record that is corrupted somehow.

If you can identify a bad record - record the info - delete it from the server and see if the problem disappears.
    No sync. I have turned up the debug, but that's part of my issue. The sync has now been running for more than five minutes and the debug.txt file has climbed to over 90MB. It shows no sign of ending. Seems to be caught in a loop or something.

I suppose I could just stop the sync and see what the log says to this point, if that makes sense.

BTW, the calendar is syncing perfectly...

I got it to download all my mail.. sad part its i got 27k emails.. time for a purge
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

Well it seems to be scanning ALL of my email even though I do not have email sync enabled on my Android device. Can I / Do I need to disable it in the backend somewhere. I have a LOT of mail in my accounts and use IMAP for that, not Z-Push.

Quote Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
    I suppose I could just stop the sync and see what the log says to this point, if that makes sense.

BTW, the calendar is syncing perfectly...
    Just zero out the log file

echo > debug.txt in the directory where it resides.

Then after it has run for a few more minutes, and the log has grown a little again, stop the sync and look through the log.

See if you can identify the same record appearing over and over.

Also I see some errors:

Code:
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/diffbackend.php/diffbackend.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/imap.php/imap.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/backend.php/backend.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/maildir.php/maildir.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/searchbackend.php/searchbackend.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/vcarddir.php/vcarddir.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/mime.php/mime.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)
    11/21/11 09:02:07 [31892] [sam] /..../sync/z-push/index.php:139 is_file() [<a href='function.is-file'>function.is-file</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/..../sync/z-push//backend/zimbra.php/zimbra.php.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/greegre6:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) (2)