Page 7 of 106 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

No more HTML tags in the email...
    Looks like pure text actually.

Changed define('ZIMBRA_HTML', true); to false. I can read my emails now Thanks!

New version on SVN, with patch included.

Please use version 25 of SVN.

Default SVN 25 and HTC Hero (Android)

Hi

I just tried Version 25 with my HTC Hero

With the following

*) Email sync works incl. sending and deleting Emails on the phone
    *) Calender only syncs items when they are created on the PC
    *) Contact sync is working incl. pictures - but if i delete a contact the deletion is not syncornized (in both directions)

I think you are on the right way!!! - Thanks!!

Default z-push + zimbra + blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by drwho18 View Post
    Tried it with a blackberry and notifysync, I really wish the zimbra backend had more info.

My results with z-push 1.3rc and zimbra.php v. 1.4 backend.

Email seems to work perfectly.
    Contacts seem to work perfectly.
    Calender haven't got to work yet.
    Tasks don't appear to even be available on this phone.
    Hi drwho18

I want to configure my blackberry with z-push and zimbra.
    My question is how to connect my blackberry to recive mail of zimbra without install BlackBerry Entreprise Server (BES).

Here is my config:

1) I have ZCS OSS installed.
    2) z-push 1.3rc
    3) zimbra backend (zimbra.php)

Thanks for help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by powrrrplay View Post
    There is thousands of more lines to the debug log... shall i post all of it?
    Look for a line that reads "POST cmd: Sync". Can you send me your log from that point onwards until you reach the end of that session (either a Logoff or the session just drops)?

Quote Originally Posted by Klug View Post
    Are you people able to get HTML emails correctly?
    We're not getting them with 22, 23 or our patched version...

I'll wait for the answer before pushing the new code.
    We had originally thought HTML emails were supported by Z-Push version 1.3 but this isn't the case; only plain text. The plan is to include HTML support in a future release so we left the option in there.

If you have HTML preference set to true, the HTML message is sent to the device as plain text with the HTML tags. Now some devices might pick up on this and display it as HTML, but on mine, it shows the tags.

I want to configure my blackberry with z-push and zimbra.
    My question is how to connect my blackberry to recive mail of zimbra without install BlackBerry Entreprise Server (BES).

Here is my config:

1) I have ZCS OSS installed.
    2) z-push 1.3rc
    3) zimbra backend (zimbra.php)

Thanks for help :-)
    I believe the issues you are having, as well as everyone else, are related to the Synchronize function not completing. What I am seeing on my device at least, is this function is called and it gets through 25 of my emails before it stops. And when I say stop, I mean the script just quits - there is no call to the Logoff function. I noticed that everytime it happens at the exact same message.

I did some testing and broke apart the code and I think the issue is related to the size of the message. The message it's stopping at is 1288056 characters long. The function GetRawMessage obtains the message (stored in $raw_msg) fine but once this message gets sent to the function Mail_mimeDecode::decode, the script stops (with no error message). So maybe it's the Mail_mimeDecode code I thought. But what makes it even more interesting is when I tried to output the contents of the variable to the debug log using the debugLog function, I get the same result - the script just stops. This leads me to believe it isn't related to Mail_mimeDecode but rather might be related to the amount of data stored in the variable. Does this make any sense to PHP Expterts? What would be a better way to program this?

Default Nokia E71 tested

I tested my environment with a Nokia E71 (mail for exchange):

emails: works
    limitations:
    - only root-inbox available (no folders) -> i think it depends on nokia mail for exchange
    - I defined my sync-mode to "always online" but my phone disconnects after some minutes or seconds, after that it connects every 15 minutes -> i think it depends on nokia mail for exchange too

contacts: works bidirectional

Quote Originally Posted by gnosbush View Post
    We had originally thought HTML emails were supported by Z-Push version 1.3 but this isn't the case; only plain text. The plan is to include HTML support in a future release so we left the option in there.
    If you have HTML preference set to true, the HTML message is sent to the device as plain text with the HTML tags. Now some devices might pick up on this and display it as HTML, but on mine, it shows the tags.
    Exactly what happens on the iPhone. I disabled it and we're getting plain text messages, without the tags.

I believe the issues you are having, as well as everyone else, are related to the Synchronize function not completing.
    Actually he has a Blackberry and BB do not speak ActiveSync for Exchange. There's no way to sync a BB through z-push without adding a third party software on the BB...

I did some testing and broke apart the code and I think the issue is related to the size of the message. The message it's stopping at is 1288056 characters long. The function GetRawMessage obtains the message (stored in $raw_msg) fine but once this message gets sent to the function Mail_mimeDecode::decode, the script stops (with no error message). So maybe it's the Mail_mimeDecode code I thought. But what makes it even more interesting is when I tried to output the contents of the variable to the debug log using the debugLog function, I get the same result - the script just stops. This leads me to believe it isn't related to Mail_mimeDecode but rather might be related to the amount of data stored in the variable. Does this make any sense to PHP Expterts? What would be a better way to program this?
    I'll ask Julien.

Additional info : a friend of mine (my beta-tester) is experiencing a very low battery life (iPhone 3GS) when using the OTA sync. Are there other people with the same problem ?

I know it happened some time ago with Zimbra Mobile (a bug in the calendar sync) and was fixed server side.