Page 80 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Quote Originally Posted by mangue View Post
    I upgraded my previous installation to z-push 1.5.7 et backend 52. I set the HTML flag to TRUE. Mails are not displayed using HTML on Windows Phone 7.5, iOS 3, iOS4 and iOS5. I tried to remove a profil then create it from scratch. The issue is the same: HTML tag are sent to the device but displayed as text message.
    Any idea? Thank you for your help.
    I replied to your sourceforge post.

According to the log you sent you are still running a pre-release version of backend 48

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Default I can't find restrictions

Sorry to post this but I have been searching and I can not come up with a definitive answer regarding "how to control which qualified email addresses can access zpush".

I though I read about this at one time but for the life of me I can not find it again so i guess I should have BM'd it. I thought it was as simple as adding a list to zpush config.
    Guest Ubuntu 12.04LTS x64 and Zimbra 8.0.5
    Host CentOS 6.4 x64 :: KVM :: LVM :: Hardware RAID

Quote Originally Posted by powrrrplay View Post
    Sorry to post this but I have been searching and I can not come up with a definitive answer regarding "how to control which qualified email addresses can access zpush".
    I am not aware of any way. You should ask the question on the zpush forum.

Only other option would be to try using provisioning and warn people you will remote wipe their devices if they setup sync without permission.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

I found my answer last night and as you say, it was on the z-push form. For those wondering you can write a hack of the config or, apparently this is going to be addressed in z-push 2.

I see z-zpush 2.0 beta1 has been released. Has anyone begun testing this with the zimbra backend?
    Guest Ubuntu 12.04LTS x64 and Zimbra 8.0.5
    Host CentOS 6.4 x64 :: KVM :: LVM :: Hardware RAID

Quote Originally Posted by powrrrplay View Post
    I found my answer last night and as you say, it was on the z-push form. For those wondering you can write a hack of the config or, apparently this is going to be addressed in z-push 2.

I see z-zpush 2.0 beta1 has been released. Has anyone begun testing this with the zimbra backend?
    There are huge differences between the architecture of z-push 1.5 and 2. The release version of the backend will not work with z-push 2. And the fact that z-push-2 is constantly changing makes backend work a challenge.

That said, if you would like to start testing I would appreciate it - Check out the z-push-2-alpha branch in the SVN.

It is still being developed/tested but is reasonably pretty well so far - other than some issues with WM 6.5

I have set up a Z-PUSH-2 specific Support Tracker on the SourceForge web site. I would appreciate it if all comments/bug reports for the z-push-2 version are logged there - not here - and not in the general support Tracker.

Hello,
    i have z-push and ZimbraBackend installed on CentOS (apache and php) from SVN (latest version - SVN AS14 checkout and 52.as12.1 of ZimbraBackend) and it seems work +- ....
    Its connect with Zimbra 7.0.14 OpenSource Edition on CentOS
    My Problems:
    Android: All working fine - e-mail, contacts and calendars

iOS: Never work... still nothing...

My config.php

$BACKEND_PROVIDER = "BackendZimbra";
    define('ZIMBRA_DEBUG',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_URL', 'http://zimbra.mydomain.com'); # Update with you Zimbra server hostname
    define('ZIMBRA_USER_DIR', 'zimbra');
    define('ZIMBRA_SYNC_CONTACT_PICTURES', true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_CONTACTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_APPOINTMENTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_VIRTUAL_TASKS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_IGNORE_EMAILED_CONTACTS',true);
    define('ZIMBRA_HTML',true);

Can someone help me?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kram3r View Post
    iOS: Never work... still nothing...
    You have given nothing to work with here. Are there errors in the log file ? Are there Apache errors ?

Please open a ticket on the SourceForge Support Tracker SourceForge.net: Z-Push Zimbra Backend: Support Requests for help requests.

Hello,
    i will open ticket on support.
    No errors on Apache.
    Thank you for the reply.

From your logs, this is a baseline as12.1 issue - nothing to do with the zimbra backend - and I see Andreas replied to your Post on the z-push forum so I assume he has contacted you to work out what the problem is.

Please report back if there is anything of significance for other as12.1 users.

Vincent,

I thought I'd give Z-Push 2 a try in a virtual machine. I ran into errors and noted that there was a ticket on the error I had that stated that Z-Push Backend doesn't currently support full email addresses for the login name.

With my setup, I'm hosting 3 domains, and it is necessary to specify the full email address when not connecting directly though a virtualhost.

Is support for using the full email address as the login name on the to-do list?

Thanks!

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."