Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    For the sender name look at the notes at the top of the file for sendasname. you can set your name to be the correctly encoded name. not sure I can do anything about the To address.
    The "To:" address is no big deal really. No other way around it? WeŽre not using .xml files for the users.

Quote Originally Posted by fviero View Post
    The "To:" address is no big deal really. No other way around it? WeŽre not using .xml files for the users.
    You don't need to use XML files. Look at the SmartFolders *SyncConfig* section. If you enable SmartFolders then the affected user(s) (or you) can add the sync config directive folders.

So at the top level of the folder tree, you would add
    *SyncConfig*
    and as a child folder add
    sendasname&Whatever name

Whatever name can be an encoded version of the user's name such that it will display properly on all email systems.

From the notes

* User control of Mobile Sender Name
    * ----------------------------------
    * In case the user's display name contains non-ascii characters, and it gets corrupted
    * when sending emails from the device, a sendasname directive can be used to provide a
    * MIME-encoded Sender Name to be used by the backend.
    * To get the correctly formatted name, send yourself an email through the web
    * client, and then right-click on the received email and Show Original. Look for
    * the From: header and copy the name from there. Don't include the email address
    * part - or any surrounding "" marks. Note that the encoding zimbra uses will most
    * likely be utf-8 rather than ISO-8859-1 as seen in the following example
    * For example
    * =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Pirard
    * The example above is taken from the rfc2047 document, and appears in a CC:
    * CC: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Pirard <PIRARD@vm1.ulg.ac.be>
    * For reference: RFC 2047 - MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) Part Thr (RFC2047)

So, for this example you would have folders named

*SyncConfig*
    sendasname&=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Pirard

with *SyncConfig* being a top level folder, and the other being a child folder of the *SyncConfig* folder.

Edit: For your name from your previous post you would use

*SyncConfig*
    sendasname&=?utf-8?Q?F=C3=A1bio?= Viero Interop IT Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by amartin View Post
    Upgrading from Z-Push 1.5.5 and zimbrabackend revision 51 to Z-Push 2.0.3 and the latest svn checkout of zimbrabackend (I am using Smart Folders), do I need to copy over the state directory, or should I leave the new one in the Z-Push 2.xx.xx install empty?

Also, is the Z-Push-2-compatible version of zimbrabackend in svn almost stable? Is there a timeframe for revision 54?

Thanks!
    The state directory for z-push-2 is completely different and has to be set up from scratch - so leave it empty.

The backend is pretty stable at this time. No timeframe as yet for release 54.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    You don't need to use XML files. Look at the SmartFolders *SyncConfig* section. If you enable SmartFolders then the affected user(s) (or you) can add the sync config directive folders.

So at the top level of the folder tree, you would add
    *SyncConfig*
    and as a child folder add
    sendasname&Whatever name

Whatever name can be an encoded version of the user's name such that it will display properly on all email systems.

From the notes

* User control of Mobile Sender Name
    * ----------------------------------
    * In case the user's display name contains non-ascii characters, and it gets corrupted
    * when sending emails from the device, a sendasname directive can be used to provide a
    * MIME-encoded Sender Name to be used by the backend.
    * To get the correctly formatted name, send yourself an email through the web
    * client, and then right-click on the received email and Show Original. Look for
    * the From: header and copy the name from there. Don't include the email address
    * part - or any surrounding "" marks. Note that the encoding zimbra uses will most
    * likely be utf-8 rather than ISO-8859-1 as seen in the following example
    * For example
    * =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Pirard
    * The example above is taken from the rfc2047 document, and appears in a CC:
    * CC: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Pirard <PIRARD@vm1.ulg.ac.be>
    * For reference: RFC 2047 - MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) Part Thr (RFC2047)

So, for this example you would have folders named

*SyncConfig*
    sendasname&=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Pirard

with *SyncConfig* being a top level folder, and the other being a child folder of the *SyncConfig* folder.

Edit: For your name from your previous post you would use

*SyncConfig*
    sendasname&=?utf-8?Q?F=C3=A1bio?= Viero Interop IT Consulting
    Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Obviously, we would love to see it working without such needed for extra configuration since weŽll be handling around 3500 users in this environment but it indeed worked very well. Thank you very much.

As a side note, the test i just did was with Zimbra 8. So i can confirm that as of now at least email sync is working fine.

Has anyone tried to get zpush backend to work with zimbra 8 FOSS and zpush 2 ?
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    Has anyone tried to get zpush backend to work with zimbra 8 FOSS and zpush 2 ?
    I have done basic testing and haven't found any issues with the latest backend (53.7 checked in today). There is a known issue I have reported to z-push where creating a contact/appt/task on a device that is pinging the server will result in that item getting duplicated on the device. They have acknowledged it, and expect a fix in their 2.0.5RC

Same here - upgraded to Zimbra 8 few days ago. Seemless so far as Z-Push was concerned, and no probs to report.

I have a very small user base, but everything seems to work fine.

i am at a lost now.. cant seem to get z-push 2.x to work with zimbra 8 foss.. Going to start over from scrtach and see if i missed anything...liverpool.. if u got some time i am in the zimbra chat room on freenode if you got a minute./.
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7

Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    i am at a lost now.. cant seem to get z-push 2.x to work with zimbra 8 foss.. Going to start over from scrtach and see if i missed anything...liverpool.. if u got some time i am in the zimbra chat room on freenode if you got a minute./.
    Can you break it down a little ?
    Do you still have a zimbra 7 system running ? Point your new z-push install at that first to make sure everything is OK with the z-push setup. Then re-point it to zimbra 8, and test from there.
    As regards the chat room, I have no idea what/where that is.

Liverpoolfcfan making a little head way..

There is a zimbra channel on the freenode irc network.
    With Jah Jah
    Anything is Possible

FOSS 8.0.7