Page 99 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Quote Originally Posted by alarentis View Post
    We ask: and where are the problems?
    Let me explain. If I try to create a new contact in the address book on my smartphone, zimbra not add this to my address book zimbra. the same thing happens for appointments in the calendar. In short, the bidirectional functionality works perfectly for the mail but not for the address book or calendar:
    some of you can help me?
    What type of smartphone are you using?
    Are you sure you selected the correct Contacts folder/Calendar on the phone prior to adding the contact/appointment (iPxx for example will have two folders called Calendar - one local to the phone, and the other being the zimbra one) ?

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    What type of smartphone are you using?
    Android phone with 2.3.5 (LG P920)

Are you sure you selected the correct Contacts folder/Calendar on the phone prior to adding the contact/appointment (iPxx for example will have two folders called Calendar - one local to the phone, and the other being the zimbra one) ?

I'm sure. i select the zimbra calendar when i insert new appointments.

I tried the same operation on Nexus and i have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by alarentis View Post
    I tried the same operation on Nexus and i have the same issue.
    Please open a support request on the sourceforge page under Tickets->Support Requests (Z-Push Zimbra Backend / Support Requests) with details of the z-push version installed/the backend version/the zimbra version/ and the clients being used/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    Please open a support request on the sourceforge page under Tickets->Support Requests (Z-Push Zimbra Backend / Support Requests) with details of the z-push version installed/the backend version/the zimbra version/ and the clients being used/etc.
    I opened the ticket.
    thanks

New information:
    If i create appointment or contact on phone or other device that not synchronize on ZImbra. But if contemporary make a modification or add a new contact/appointment on Zimbra, the system update the contact/appointment present on the phone.
    I think that the phone is unable to send command push.
    Can you help me?

I've been getting a bunch (meaning 30 or so in the last 3 days) of these error messages in the z-push log. It is across all accounts. And my phone yells at me that it has failed login.

[abc@xyz.com] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    [def@xyz.com] Zimbra->Logon(): END Logon { connected = false }
    etc.

Is this just my sync server not connecting to my Zimbra server? I am on Z8, Z-Push 2, and Backend 55

Quote Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
    Is this just my sync server not connecting to my Zimbra server? I am on Z8, Z-Push 2, and Backend 55
    Yes. It means that for whatever reason the logon from the z-push server to the zimbra server has failed.

hi,

i hope you can help me to find another logfile because everything is fine in the logs - but its not working.

I can access the Active Sync Alias with the Browser, also the User/Pass are working. There is no entry in my apache error log.
    but note: i have already used it one month before, than something had broken it. I had a problem on my first try - and there was also no errors in the logs.
    The Resolution for the error was to run php -v and see if there is warnings - when i have fixed some warning (from extension dependencies in the php.ini) zpush was working.

On the Mobilephone i can enter user/pass and the will identified in the log zmpush.log
    User-agent: 'Android/4.0.4-EAS-1.3'
    Version='2.0.6-1616' method='GET' from='xx.xx.xx.xx' cmd='' getUser='office' devId='' devType=''

In the mailbox.log of zimbra i have success soap entries for every try to setup my account on the phone:
    soap - AuthRequest elapsed=2
    soap - GetInfoRequest elapsed=4

when i try to enter a wrong user or pass i get an error with wrong user/pass and an entry in the zpush-error log.
    With correct user/pass information, the mobile phone respond with wrong protocol version or wrong server name (with no connection to server possible)

My zpush is running in debug mode, but i can't see any errors, also that it worked for a month ago is strange. Just upgraded to Zimbra 8 and installed zextra (i have uninstalled it to ensure its on that because it also provide Mobile Sync)

Im running zpush2 with zimbra55 backend, tested with Sony Xperia Sola and Sony Xperia Go. On both it has worked a month ago.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by xander2k View Post
    hi,

i hope you can help me to find another logfile because everything is fine in the logs - but its not working.

I can access the Active Sync Alias with the Browser, also the User/Pass are working. There is no entry in my apache error log.
    but note: i have already used it one month before, than something had broken it. I had a problem on my first try - and there was also no errors in the logs.
    The Resolution for the error was to run php -v and see if there is warnings - when i have fixed some warning (from extension dependencies in the php.ini) zpush was working.

On the Mobilephone i can enter user/pass and the will identified in the log zmpush.log
    User-agent: 'Android/4.0.4-EAS-1.3'
    Version='2.0.6-1616' method='GET' from='xx.xx.xx.xx' cmd='' getUser='office' devId='' devType=''

In the mailbox.log of zimbra i have success soap entries for every try to setup my account on the phone:
    soap - AuthRequest elapsed=2
    soap - GetInfoRequest elapsed=4

when i try to enter a wrong user or pass i get an error with wrong user/pass and an entry in the zpush-error log.
    With correct user/pass information, the mobile phone respond with wrong protocol version or wrong server name (with no connection to server possible)

My zpush is running in debug mode, but i can't see any errors, also that it worked for a month ago is strange. Just upgraded to Zimbra 8 and installed zextra (i have uninstalled it to ensure its on that because it also provide Mobile Sync)

Im running zpush2 with zimbra55 backend, tested with Sony Xperia Sola and Sony Xperia Go. On both it has worked a month ago.

thx
    Im glad to report, that i find out my issue ....

I had named the z-push folder as Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/ and had no VirtualDirectory entry. That worked fine for some weeks but that was the problem what causes the sync stop and that zpush won't completly work.

After rename it to an other name and make the VirutalDirectory entry in Apache now it works.

Its strange that it had worked before, but now i know it causes some errors too, that now solved.