Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Native app for contacts sync for Android

Hybrid View

Default Native app for contacts sync for Android

Hi everyone,

Great news : LVSync (formerly LVContacts Sync for Zimbra) is available now at the Android Market !
    It was long, we’re really sorry, but it has many new features such as :
    • contacts, calendars and tasks sync
    • GAL sync
    • supplied task manager
    • selectable items to sync
    • notifications and reminders

Have fun and every comments are welcomed !

More information on the website : http://www.lvsync.com or find us on the Market.

* Special discount : Price will increase, LVSync will remain at the old price until January 25! After that date, it will increase to € 2.99. Spread the word ! *

Regards.
    Last edited by hybrid512; 01-19-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Major new release announcement
    LEZARD VISUEL
    Walid Moghrabi
    www : http://www.lezard-visuel.com

LVSync - Sync your Zimbra's contacts, calendars and tasks on Android without the need of ActiveSync !

cool, url isn't working though

Damn ... here is the corrected link : LVContacts Sync for Zimbra and Google Android™

Sorry

(I also corrected the earlier link btw)
    LEZARD VISUEL
    Walid Moghrabi

LVSync - Sync your Zimbra's contacts, calendars and tasks on Android without the need of ActiveSync !

Will this get expanded in the future to cover calendars and tasks as well? Or will you be working on separate apps for that?
    Freddie

We have ideas for the future of this application, most probably another application for calendars based on te same principles ... more a "connector" for Zimbra calendars well integrated in the Android's calendar just as we did for the contacts.
    Maybe a centralized application later with every features accessible from one place but this is to early to talk about these possibilities.
    LEZARD VISUEL
    Walid Moghrabi

If I clicked the link on your webpage, a "Not Found" shown in the Android Market.

That's right.
    I only have 50 entries instead of 1500.
    Concerning the second issue: I don't have the Folder "LV Contact Sync".

Hi

Seems like a great program there.

We're currently using a OSE edition with a self-signed certificate and one of the phones we're looking at would be the Motorola DEXT.

Have you had any issue with the phone or with self-signed certificate in the past ?

Hi,

We added https support recently and we tested it on our own Zimbra OSE with self signed certificate so I can say this is working very well.
    Our test phone is an Acer Liquid with a cooked ROM under Android 2.1.

Since the minimal requirements for LVContacts are Android 2.x.
    The Motorola DEXT is not based on Android 2.x but after some Googling, it seems there's an update of the firmware that has been released few months ago ... since I have no DEXT, I can't confirm anyway.

If you didn't already buy the phone, I would recommend looking at a more recent one since the DEXT is definitely not a bleeding edge model ... If you want to stick to Motorola, you should have a look at the Milestone which have the same features (aka a physical keyboard) but is more powerful, has a better resolution and is based on Android 2.1.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by dkbk View Post
    Hi

Seems like a great program there.

We're currently using a OSE edition with a self-signed certificate and one of the phones we're looking at would be the Motorola DEXT.

Have you had any issue with the phone or with self-signed certificate in the past ?
    LEZARD VISUEL
    Walid Moghrabi

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid512 View Post
    Hi,
    If you didn't already buy the phone, I would recommend looking at a more recent one since the DEXT is definitely not a bleeding edge model ... If you want to stick to Motorola, you should have a look at the Milestone which have the same features (aka a physical keyboard) but is more powerful, has a better resolution and is based on Android 2.1.
    Regards
    Thanks for your reply.

I too was under the impression DEXT would be upgradable to 2.x but that seems to have changed after my latest search.

My issues is with my mobile carrier as they carry a very limited selection of android devices with physical keyboards. The DEXT was actually just launched this month (with the 1.5 OS obviously)!

I'm currently evaluating all of our options but I do like the Android platform much more than comparable BB's.