Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: iPhone IOS 4 and CardDAV

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    7

    Default iPhone IOS 4 and CardDAV

    Has anybody managed to get a CardDAV Account working with the new IOS4?
    I tried several combinations of settings to no avail. We're using SSL (mixed-mode) and Official Business Certs, so this wouldn't be an issue for the iPhone to complain about. All other features like IMAPS and CalDAV are working with IOS 4 and our ZCS 6.0.7 NEP Server.

    Thank you very much for your feedback.

    Regards

    Andreas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Off Topic, I'm sorry, but do you mean you can use your iPhone iOS4 and CalDAV (iCal on your iPhone) and shared calendars?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tripple View Post
    Off Topic, I'm sorry, but do you mean you can use your iPhone iOS4 and CalDAV (iCal on your iPhone) and shared calendars?
    Exactly. Many of our customers are using an extra CalDAV- Account as a workaround to manage shared Group Calendars. It's working with iPhone 3 OS 3 and OS 4. Haven't managed to test with a new iPhone 4 yet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FritzBrause View Post
    Has anybody managed to get a CardDAV Account working with the new IOS4?
    I tried several combinations of settings to no avail. We're using SSL (mixed-mode) and Official Business Certs, so this wouldn't be an issue for the iPhone to complain about. All other features like IMAPS and CalDAV are working with IOS 4 and our ZCS 6.0.7 NEP Server.

    Thank you very much for your feedback.

    Regards

    Andreas
    I have also had no luck with this, tried every way I could think of.
    ,Brent

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Same here. I cannot get the iPhone to authenticate to Zimbra CardDav to save my life. CalDav has been working for my since iOS3, no problem.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Well, this is weird. I suddenly started getting updates on the iPhone from Zimbra, but not the other way. So CardDav seems to be working one-way.

    Anyone have any thoughts?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samgreco View Post
    Well, this is weird. I suddenly started getting updates on the iPhone from Zimbra, but not the other way. So CardDav seems to be working one-way.

    Anyone have any thoughts?
    would you mind sharing the settings you used to get this working? one way updates are much better than none

    thanks,

    d.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Ditto... Ditto... Ditto
    I can get CalDav working great... nothing on CardDav....

    Would there be any other way of syncing contacts on an iphone with Zimbra?

    Cheers
    Nunners

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    92
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urbanX View Post
    would you mind sharing the settings you used to get this working? one way updates are much better than none

    thanks,

    d.
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I've been up to my eyeballs lately.

    Honestly, all I did was to point my iPhone the the main URL for my mail server, added my user name and password and left the rest default. I can still only sync one way though. Frankly that makes it almost useless.

    If anyone has it working 2-way, please chime in.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I have it working in both ways.

    iPhone iOS 4.1
    Contacts, select All account on my server, added a test account.

    WUI
    Login, select Address Book, found my test account with my Emailed Contacts??
    Deleted this test account.

    Once again, iPhone iOS 4.1
    Contacts, select Contacts!, added a test account

    WUI
    Login, select Address Book, Contacts. Yes, there it is.

    Let's move on, iMac OS 10.6.4
    Open Address Book, select my Zimbra account, there is my test account.

    Let's try it the other way around, delete the account on my iMac, check it on my iPhone, no more test account.

    Setup:
    iPhone, CardDAV account:
    Server: my.server.com
    Username: account@my.server.com
    Password: **********
    SSL port 443

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED] 6.0.2 is out.. CardDAV on Snow Leopard update?
    By chewitt in forum Administrators
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
  2. ZCS 6.07 and Apple Addressbook Carddav
    By tkramis in forum Administrators
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
  3. How can I test Zimbra's CardDAV feature
    By johnbill in forum Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 08:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •