Thread: Nokia E72: Accepting meeting request does not update appointment in Zimbra?

Hybrid View

Default Nokia E72: Accepting meeting request does not update appointment in Zimbra?

Hello everyone,

One of our customers indicated that when a meeting request is accepted using a Nokia E72 (which is connected to Zimbra Network Edtion using Nokia's Mail for Exchange app) the appointment in the Zimbra web client is not updated with the new status information.

If a meeting request is accepted, the appointment in Zimbra still has the 'New' status, while on the phone's calendar the appointment has the 'Accepted' status.

Did anyone experience this same issue? And is this a Zimbra thing or a Nokia bug? I can't get hold of a Nokia E72, so I am not able to test/reproduce this issue.

Thanks!

I'd be inclined to blame the handset. In my experience Mail for Exchange (MfE) works well as long as you don't want 'push'. I have seen the updates grind to a halt when set to 'always on', but everything work great with 'every 15 minutes'.

I'd have a look at your logs and see if the sync request is going out from the phone when the appt is accepted. Also try a manual sync (press 'z') and see of the appt updates.

As an advisory: MfE on the E72 is NOT the same as on (most) other Nokia handsets. It's based on the MfE 2.0.x engine (current is 3.5.x) and is only upgradeable with the rest of the handset software, not from Ovi.