Thread: playbook web access failing?

Default playbook web access failing?

I have 3 clients w/ Zimbra implemented. The big kahuna at my (scheduled) 4th deployment just bought a BB playbook.

In a quick and dirty test, I attempted to connect to my other 3 clients using the web browser via wifi (the Blackberry Bridge was temporarily disabled for this test). All 3 clients timed out with "there is an error" message in the browser. All 5 other tested web sites worked fine.

He has 4 days to decide to return the playbook and get an ipad.

Can anybody shed any light? Does the user have to have his blackberry with him with the bridge turned on to allow email access? Is it only possible to get email on the playbook via the Blackberry connector installed on the 'phone?

Surely there must be some setting(s) on the zimbra host that will allow the web interface to display on the playbook.

Thanks in advance!
    d.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekShaw View Post
    I have 3 clients w/ Zimbra implemented. The big kahuna at my (scheduled) 4th deployment just bought a BB playbook.

In a quick and dirty test, I attempted to connect to my other 3 clients using the web browser via wifi (the Blackberry Bridge was temporarily disabled for this test). All 3 clients timed out with "there is an error" message in the browser. All 5 other tested web sites worked fine.
    I have a playbook and I can login to the Zimbra Web UI (with wifi). The Zimbra "Standard" and "Ajax" Webinterface are working. The Zimbra Version I tested with is 6.0.12 (NE). The Blackberry Bridge was enabled during my tests but I doubt that the BB Bridge has something to do with the Playbooks browser when there is WiFi access..

He has 4 days to decide to return the playbook and get an ipad.

Can anybody shed any light? Does the user have to have his blackberry with him with the bridge turned on to allow email access? Is it only possible to get email on the playbook via the Blackberry connector installed on the 'phone?

Surely there must be some setting(s) on the zimbra host that will allow the web interface to display on the playbook.

Thanks in advance!
    d.
    With the BB Bridge enabled you will have access to Mail/Calendar/Contacts on the Playbook as long as your BB is in reach... (and of course, as long as your BB has Mails/Calendar/Contact synced from your Zimbra Accounts through a BES).

In my eyes the Playbook is the most useless device on this planet. There is not even a "standard" Mail App (with POP/IMAP Support). Working with a WebUI is painful on a tablet. There are no applications like Skype or VoIP/SIP Application. You can not read Amazon e-books. I heard rumors, that there should be an App that will allow Andorid Apps to be used on the Playbook. Lets see, if this brings some Apps on the device...

Regards
    Thomas