Thread: Funambol setting up with HTC Wildfire

Hybrid View

Default Funambol setting up with HTC Wildfire

Hey Fellas,

I am setting up Funambol server on the same box where Zimbra [zcs 7.1] in set up and have deployed client as suggested in Wiki. Everything went smoothly except the last few lines specified in Wiki i.e

"On the phone side simply add a new synchronization profile if you phone supports SyncML by default. The server setting should be the funambol URI which should be in the format http://<hostname>:8080/funambol/ds"

What does that mean do I need to download SyncML client on my HTC or is there any other application or setting available in HTC while configuring a mail box?
    Please advise

You need to download the Android funambol client found here:

Funambol - Browse /android/v10 at SourceForge.net

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Thanks for your inputs but I did install Funambol client and trying to sync the client but in vain. Not sure the reason but its failing.
    Again I have set up funambol server on the same server where Zimbra in installed.
    So, woudl you be able to tell me what are the ports needed to enable the syncing? May those are blocked on firewall.

And of course I am not seeing Mail syncing option in Funambol any clue how do I sync those?

I don't remember the default port. I've changed the port that my installation monitors and run it on a Virtual Machine. Also, I don't sync mail with Funambol and it's not even an option listed in my Android client. I use it to sync calendar and contacts. I use Z-Push to sync my mail.

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Even I have deployed zimbra and Funambol server on VM but somehow syncing has really become a pain for me.
    Also would you please share the z-push procedure for syncing the mail I would really appreciate if you can do that since my management is desperately looking for a syncing Email option.

Search the forums for Z-Push, you'll turn up a huge thread, that's the one I followed.

I'd also suggest that you use a separate VM for it.

Doug
    Ben Franklin quote:

Ok - Here are the logs I am seeing in log directory and I am completely clueless here

[2011-10-07 02:01:06,699] [funambol.engine] [ERROR] [7EAF7151A9574B4E29DD2FF518CA2136] [42.104.224.192] [fac-354692040573541] [user@example.com] [] Unable to create sync source com.funambol.framework.server.Sync4jSource@bcfadd[uri=event,config=<null>,sourceTypeId=<null>,source Name=<null>]: null
    java.lang.NullPointerException

##################

[2011-10-07 02:01:06,698] [funambol.engine] [ERROR] [7EAF7151A9574B4E29DD2FF518CA2136] [42.104.224.192] [fac-354692040573541] [user@example.com] [] Error reading source configuration for source event
    com.funambol.framework.server.store.NotFoundExcept ion: Source not found for event
    at com.funambol.server.store.SyncSourcePersistentStor e.read(SyncSourcePersistentStore.java:183)
    at com.funambol.server.store.PersistentStoreManager.r ead(PersistentStoreManager.java:167)
    at com.funambol.server.engine.Sync4jEngine.getServerS ource(Sync4jEngine.java:1363)
    at com.funambol.server.engine.Sync4jEngine.checkServe rDatabase(Sync4jEngine.java:2507)
    at com.funambol.server.engine.Sync4jEngine.prepareDat abases(Sync4jEngine.java:1510)
    at com.funambol.server.session.SyncSessionHandler.pro cessInitMessage(SyncSessionHandler.java:1194)
    at com.funambol.server.session.SyncSessionHandler.pro cessInitSyncMapMessage(SyncSessionHandler.java:874 )
    at com.funambol.server.session.SyncSessionHandler.pro cessMessage(SyncSessionHandler.java:508)
    at com.funambol.server.engine.SyncAdapter.processInpu tMessage(SyncAdapter.java:491)
    at com.funambol.server.engine.SyncAdapter.processMess age(SyncAdapter.java:442)
    at com.funambol.server.engine.SyncAdapter.processWBXM LMessage(SyncAdapter.java:265)