Thread: Two-sync with Android Device

Default Two-sync with Android Device

I have two users with Android devices (using ActiveSync) for which a two-way sync with Zimbra is not occurring.

For example, if a user reads her message on the phone it still shows as unread on the web client. HOWEVER, if she reads it on the ZWC FIRST, then it shows as read on the Android device.

This particular user has Android version 2.3.4 on her device. Her coworker has version 2.3.3.

On the server side, it's Release 7.1.3_GA_3346.RHEL5_64_20110928134534

Any ideas?

<bump>
    I'm hoping someone has experienced this issue with a successful resolution.
    </bump>

I don't know what the issue is, it could be on the Android side. To test this, you could try running the app Enhanced Email (from Android Market) and see if that operates OK - if it does at least you can exclude it being a Zimbra issue.

Enhanced email used Activesync protocol to sync messages, contacts, appointments, but (generally) has more functionality and improvements over the standard client, as the name suggests. (No, I don't work for them lol Good luck.

As far as I know ActiveSync only works with the NE version of Zimbra. Unless you setup z-push and the Zimbra back-end as described here in the forums.

If you are just looking for email I've found that K-9 Mail works pretty well with Zimbra. You would have to make sure you have IMAP turned on for this server / account.

I'm currently using the VMware Zimbra app on my Android phone (info also available here in the forums) along with the z-push setup. This allows you to sync email, calendar, contacts, and tasks between Zimbra and the Android devices. Unfortunately it seems like VMware has abandoned this app so not sure how long it will continue to work as updates continue to happen on both sides.

This particular installation is Network Edition.

I'll give the native application a try though.