Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated to 7.1.3 Patch 1 - Droid Email Full Download Issue

Since this is fixed in 7.1.4, I wonder what the chance is of getting a patch for 7.1.3 to resolve this? We're past the point where we could do a version upgrade before school starts...

Quote Originally Posted by the_griz View Post
    The last two times I have had this issue, the problem went away in the next patchset. However, since this is round three of this same problem with me, I am hoping that we can identify this issue. It needs to be figured out and stay resolved. Zimbra should know that it is paramount that they work with Droid if they want to continue to have advocates in the business space.

I do have a trouble ticket opened on this and I sent them updated examples and logs yesterday. I hope I hear from them soon.

Let me know if the 7.1.4 makes any improvement.
    Tom
    Tom,

Any response from Zimbra on this issue?

Is there a bugzilla entry on this?

I'm planning on opening a support case as well.

Thanks.

Fred

We upgraded to 7.1.4 on Sunday and the "Get full message" errors are gone.

However, a larger issue has come up and I have just submitted a support case on it. 100% of my Droid users are experiencing frequent yet random lose of connectivity to the Zimbra server. For example, if you try to fetch mail from the server on the Droid phone, it fails. We have tried pulling the battery, delete and re-adding the accounts, etc. It works for awhile and then it fails. For example, my droid has the OTOD (orange triangle of death) on it right now. If I leave it alone, it will start to work again for awhile and then fail. Very frustrating to our users.

We have also had some very odd random errors with our Outlook connection to Zimbra. I have a number of calls into the helpdesk with email accounts giving errors such as "File Upload Fault" and "Error 401 authtoken expired." Furthermore, restarting Outlook won't fix the issue, it requires a full workstation reboot.

Can't find anything in the logs. Probably due in part to the randomness of it all. It works, then doesn't work, then works, etc.

Hopefully, no one else experiences this trouble. But let me know if you do.

Thanks!
    Tom

Thanks! I'm glad we decided to hold off on 7.1.4. We generally prefer to wait until a release has been out for a few weeks before upgrading. Sounds like this one might need a few more...

Fred

I saw the OTOD occasionally with my Droid (I am only one of 2 users currently on Zimbra...and the only one using a Droid for ActiveSync) when I was on 7.1.3. It seemed to have stopped after a week or so (not sure what I did to affect it...I may have redone the Corporate mail account on the phone a few times). I have not seen it for a few weeks...

With regard to the ZCO issue, I too am seeing an odd issue, although not exactly as you describe it. See Bugzilla Bug 69101 – Sending attachment containing certain VBA code fails for the bug I submitted. It is really strange! Outgoing messages containing certain text (that seems to get processed as code when uploading the message to the server) will fail to send and foul up the ZCO sync processes). I currently have a Support Case open for it. I don't have to reboot the PC to get Outlook happy again...however I do have to delete the offending messages from the Inbox, Sent, and Trash folders and then restart Outlook to get it syncing once more...

We've opened a support case on this issue as well and they created a bug for it:

Bug 69326 – Android devices can't download full messages

I updated to 7.1.4 and it solved the full message download issue.

However, it introduced a larger problem. Now 100% of our Droid phones won't maintain connnectivity (using Corporate Sync) to Zimbra. They get the "Orange Triangle of Death" (OTOD). If you pull the battery, email will sync for a short period of time, but then you get OTOD back again.

This is ridiculous.