Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues and impressions

Quote Originally Posted by jjzhuang View Post
    Usually there's no reason to disable a particular zimlet. If you don't need it just don't use it. Their existence don't cause any harm. Could you tell me why you need to disable them?
    We're a retail chain and don't want any distractions for employees. We have some mechanisms in place to prevent people from getting to a lot of internet sites that are not needed for our business. It's possible those mechanisms will block the zimlets but I won't until I get a chance to install it on a store computer. Regardless, it seems like an easy thing to have an on/off switch for and I believe plenty of others will desire the ability to turn them off.

Regarding the preference issue, are you using it with multiple mailboxes? Currently there is no way to change multi-mailbox UI preferences. That is a known issue and will be addressed before GA. If however you are running a single mailbox, then that's a bug.
    This is a multi-mailbox setup however I'm not sure we're on the same page. The problem wasn't with the preferences themselves, but a graphics glitch that is easily reproduceable.

Hope this feedback helps and thanks for your time.

Klug, congrats on your 1000th!

The window size may be a bug in xulrunner. We are looking at upgrading xulrunner to the latest cut. I'll verify this on Windows.

Auto complete should work. I've been using it myself. Could you try restarting ? I mean the gui, not the background service. Thanks!

rajahd,

OK got it. We'll look at how to disable installing extra zimlets, possibly as a choice during installation.

Regarding the reading pane issue, could you describe the problem with more details. Maybe I didn't completely understand. Thanks!

Auto complete should work. I've been using it myself. Could you try restarting ? I mean the gui, not the background service. Thanks!
    You're right, once restarted it works 8)

A few other things I did not see listed here, sorry if I missed them.

View always returns to Conversation on startup.
    Once you enter the preferences tab and change something you can't get back to the main preferences area, you always return to the last place you were making changes. A restart is required.

Regarding the reading pane issue, could you describe the problem with more details. Maybe I didn't completely understand. Thanks!
    The top left corner of Zdesktop normally looks like this:

Turn off the reading pane and make sure "Double-click opens message in new window" is unchecked in the Preferences->Mail area.
    Now double click a message.
    Here is the top left corner of Zdesktop now:

As you can see there is a horizontal separator out of place covering part of the Zimbra logo. This erroneous control doesn't actually do anything but it won't go away until Zdesktop is restarted.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoelz View Post
    Once you enter the preferences tab and change something you can't get back to the main preferences area, you always return to the last place you were making changes. A restart is required.
    Related to this, I also noticed that when you switch out of Conversation view not only does the reading pane come back on but you can't turn it off. The View button does nothing once you're in "Message" view. Maybe this is all part of the nebulous known preferences issues.

More items I've run into:

* When I delete a message that's part of a conversation the entire conversation disappears. I have to click the mailbox folder to get the conversation to reappear.

* Maybe I'm just a neophyte at thinking in Conversation mode but the behavior of certain actions just doesn't make sense to me. For instance, if I select the conversation "header" line and click "Delete", it deletes only the messages in that thread in the current mailbox. Shouldn't it delete all the messages regardless of mailbox?

* Also on the Conversation mode topic, I'm finding it counter productive to have Conversation mode include messages in the Trash folder. When I delete a specific message, it continues to show up in the Conversation - I have to delete it twice.

* Every once in a while when I go to delete a message I'll get the login screen saying someone else has logged into this account. When this happens, I have to restart Zdesktop before I can delete the message. I haven't been able to determine a series of steps to reproduce the problem, it's not frequent and appears random so far.

More comments to come I'm sure. Despite the expected bugs in a beta product I'm definitely liking having access to all my accounts simultaneously!

Quote Originally Posted by jhoelz View Post
    I can't reproduce this. Are you using single or multiple mailbox view?

Bump... jjzhuang did you see my posts above? I think they may have gotten missed since I posted in between the post you replied to and your reply.

Other interesting tidbits over the last few days...

* I noticed in "Message" view that double clicking a post does bring it up "full screen" in the main window, just like in the Zimbra UI. For some reason this feature does not work in Conversation view.

* Sometimes a tooltip will stuck on. This happens most frequently with the ones for dates. For instance, open a message then hover over the date after the "On:" heading. Every once in a while the resulting tooltip will fail to go away when you leave the date and at that point there is no way to get rid of it (sans the restarting of the programming).

Is there a realease schedule for Zdesktop? Just curious. Thanks.

Hi rajahd,

Please help me file some of the issues you raised in bugzilla (under "Desktop Client"). Please file the rendering issue your screenshots show. We can't reproduce it, but will keep an eye on this.

* When I delete a message that's part of a conversation the entire conversation disappears. I have to click the mailbox folder to get the conversation to reappear.
    Please file this one as well.

* Maybe I'm just a neophyte at thinking in Conversation mode but the behavior of certain actions just doesn't make sense to me. For instance, if I select the conversation "header" line and click "Delete", it deletes only the messages in that thread in the current mailbox. Shouldn't it delete all the messages regardless of mailbox?
    I think this is by design. If you feel strongly about this, please file this and our PM will review this.

* Also on the Conversation mode topic, I'm finding it counter productive to have Conversation mode include messages in the Trash folder. When I delete a specific message, it continues to show up in the Conversation - I have to delete it twice.
    It's meant to still stay in the conversation, but should be visually different (like striked out). It seems to be broken that they appear the same as the rest of the messages. Please file this as well.

* Every once in a while when I go to delete a message I'll get the login screen saying someone else has logged into this account. When this happens, I have to restart Zdesktop before I can delete the message. I haven't been able to determine a series of steps to reproduce the problem, it's not frequent and appears random so far.
    That sounds like a bug, but I can't reproduce it. Please let us know if you can figure out the repro steps.

More comments to come I'm sure. Despite the expected bugs in a beta product I'm definitely liking having access to all my accounts simultaneously!
    Glad to hear that