Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BES Problems...

Quote Originally Posted by foroyar View Post
    Ok, here are the logs - had 11 BB Agent logs - all looked the same, though

Please let me know if you need any other logs.

Thanks!

what happens if you shut down the bes agent and bring up outlook on that box against the BlackBerryServer profile? it almost looks like zcb isn't installed properly.

when you do that, can you gather the logs and send those along too?

I cannot start the Server profile by only stopping the controller service - must shut down server - please see first log when errored (saying profile was already in use). I have done so and second log is with server shutdown and opening BlackBerryServer profile in Outlook on BES server.

I cannot start the Server profile by only stopping the controller service - must shut down server - please see first log when errored (saying profile was already in use). I have done so and second log is with server shutdown and opening BlackBerryServer profile in Outlook on BES server.
    Try stopping the BlackBerryController service. Then stop the BlackBerry Database Consistency Service...then start the BlackBerryController service again.

I believe that the Database Consistency Service is enabled when you install BES MDS (which ZCB doesn't need and seems to have problems with based on this forum thread).

If this fixes the problem, I would recommend uninstalling MDS from BES or performing a clean BES install w/o MDS.

--Tony

Well, I tried it out and it seemed to start creating 10 10meg log files a minute - I have attached one for your review. Once I started the services again the crazy log file creation stopped.

I am just wondering - this is not a new install and was working great for 3 weeks before last night's upgrade - was there anything in the upgrade that changed something with BES - I did not see anything in the release notes, but so far that was the only change in the environment - going from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Well, I tried it out and it seemed to start creating 10 10meg log files a minute - I have attached one for your review. Once I started the services again the crazy log file creation stopped.

I am just wondering - this is not a new install and was working great for 3 weeks before last night's upgrade - was there anything in the upgrade that changed something with BES - I did not see anything in the release notes, but so far that was the only change in the environment - going from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4.

Thanks again for your assistance.
    from the logs it looks like things are working now. is this the case?
    you can disable logs via the log control.

did you happen to install any BES software (maintenance release 5) or reconfigure BES in any way?

No, no other changes other than the ZCS upgrade from 5.0.3 to 5.0.4.

I have stopped services you recommended and am trying to verify we are up - will update as soon as I have confirmation.

Thanks again!

You mentioned, "Even with the GAL set to do ROOT searches we BES won't show any other domains in the address book other than the one that the actual BES admin user is part of."

Do you have both of the below variables set to ROOT for the domain or just one?

zimbraGalInternalSearchBase zimbraGalSyncInternalSearchBase

zmprov gdi [domainname] variable

If you have to set the Sync one to ROOT. Log into Outlook on the BES box as both BES account and then do a GAL sync. Do the other domains show up now?

I only have the zimbraGalInternalSearchBase set to ROOT. Do I need both set to ROOT?

Thanks for the help

I've just started getting the same error running 5.0.2 without MDS installed on our BES.

It seems to happen once I've added a certain number of users (in this case just now - adding user number 46)

I've been working on this over the weekend and am bored of uninstalling / re-installing BES.

Did this get solved ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidfsmith View Post
    I've just started getting the same error running 5.0.2 without MDS installed on our BES.

It seems to happen once I've added a certain number of users (in this case just now - adding user number 46)

I've been working on this over the weekend and am bored of uninstalling / re-installing BES.

Did this get solved ?
    a couple of questions
    1) is it failing in the exact same way? the problem that we were seeing was that the BES agent wouldn't start due to that other process which was locking the store from being accessible via BES agent.
    2) how are you adding your users. if you are doing it in a large, multi select and a multiple add in the BES manager, is it possible to try to add these users one by one with the BES agent up and running? then if you receive an error trying to add a user, please send me the logs. this could be a performace related issue with mounting all those stores at a single time
    3) what are the specs of the machine running BES? what are the sizes of the BES agent process and Outlook processes running on the machine (in terms of memory footprint)?

thanks
    --Tony