Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac Intel Support

Default Mac Intel Support + Calendar Resources/Reminders

This week's developer builds add Mac OSX Intel support. So all of you with that shinny iMac, Mac Mini Intel, or MacBook Pro you can now install Zimbra. From our tests in house the performance impact is quite significant. Better of course!

Zimbra Downloads

This release also has the first cut at calendar resources(conference rooms, etc) and reminders. You'll also see the version has change to 3.1 which will be the version of our next GA release. As always please let us know if you run into any problems or have any feedback.

Blog Post
    Last edited by KevinH; 03-24-2006 at 07:39 PM.

hot

OOOHHH!! And DNS just began to resolve to my other Mini (ppc), well, its still the weekend....

SWITCHING.....

gjnieuwenhuis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    This week's developer builds add Mac OSX Intel support. So all of you with that shinny iMac, Mac Mini Intel, or MacBook Pro you can now install Zimbra. From our tests in house the performance impact is quite significant. Better of course!

Zimbra Downloads

This release also has the first cut at calendar resources(conference rooms, etc) and reminders. You'll also see the version has change to 3.1 which will be the version of our next GA release. As always please let us know if you run into any problems or have any feedback.

Blog Post
    Ok, I already got one comment about the new release. When logging in and using the IP (say when you''re at home), it will switch to the fqdn when logged in (localhost.localdomain).

Quote Originally Posted by gjnieuwenhuis
    Ok, I already got one comment about the new release. When logging in and using the IP (say when you''re at home), it will switch to the fqdn when logged in (localhost.localdomain).
    Interesting. So you didn't use a resolvable host for your install? We do this redirect to make sure you get the right host. This is important for multi-node installs. If you think access by IP is important file a bug and we'll try to not redirect in that case. Or add some tests for it.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

gjnieuwenhuis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    Interesting. So you didn't use a resolvable host for your install? We do this redirect to make sure you get the right host. This is important for multi-node installs. If you think access by IP is important file a bug and we'll try to not redirect in that case. Or add some tests for it.
    Yes and no. I do have a resolvable name but that is for the outside IP address. This worked fine for me as I used the outside IP for logging onto Zimbra when I'm not at home and the internal IP address when at home to prevend issues with going outside and inside the firewall each time (Zimbra won't validate the logon properly when doing this)

Any ideas what would be the best scenario?

Thanks,
    GJ.

I see. Well you could just use the external IP from home. At Zimbra we open both HTTP/HTTPS for internal and externally only open HTTPS.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

gjnieuwenhuis Guest

Ok...how can I change the FQDN for zimbra? Or does it simply take the FQDN from the hosts file? I'll make a backup and run an update to change the mode to http/https and disable port forwarding of http on my firewall.

Thanks so far.

GJ.

It get the name from LDAP. To change it use zmsetservername.

I have a test box with 3.0.0_M2_740 on CentOS 4.3. Attempting to upgrade to 3.1.0_GA_260 resulted in the following:
    Code:
    Restoring existing configuration file from /opt/zimbra/.saveconfig/config.save...done
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.key': No such file or directory
    chown: cannot access `/opt/zimbra/conf/smtpd.crt': No such file or directory
    Operations logged to /tmp/zmsetup.log.10303
    Setting defaults...Setting defaults from existing config...Done
    Upgrading from 3.0.0_M2_740 to 3.1.0_GA_260
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:42 2006: Stopping zimbra services
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:45 2006: Checking mysql status
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:46 2006: Starting mysql
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:47 2006: SELECT value FROM config WHERE name = 'db.version'
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:48 2006: Checking logger mysql status
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:49 2006: Starting logger mysql
    This appears to be 3.0.0_M2
    Schema upgrade required
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:50 2006: Running /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/migrate20051021-UniqueVolume.pl
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:52 2006: SELECT value FROM config WHERE name = 'db.version'
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:53 2006: Verified schema version 21.
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:53 2006: Updating volume table
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:53 2006: ALTER TABLE volume
    ADD UNIQUE i_name (name),
    ADD UNIQUE i_path (path(255));

ERROR 1061 (42000) at line 1: Duplicate key name 'i_name'
    Error while running '/opt/zimbra/bin/mysql --user=zimbra --password=removedpassword --database=zimbra --batch --skip-column-names'. at /opt/zimbra/libexec/scripts/Migrate.pm line 134, <OUTPUT> line 1.
    Thu Mar 30 15:35:54 2006: Script failed with code 1 - exiting
    UPGRADE FAILED - exiting
    Is this related to Bug 6831?

I imaged the box back to 3.0.0_M2_740, upgraded to 3.0.1_GA_160, and then upgraded to 3.1.0_GA_260 successfully. I am quite impressed with both resource scheduling and reminders.

Keep up the good work!