Page 45 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Z-Push Zimbra Backend (Push Email, Contacts, Appointments & Tasks)

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    The ubuntu apache is running on a different port (8889) to avoid port conflict with the gentoo apache running on port 443.
    I am getting more confused by the minute about your scenario.

In a normal apache front-ended zimbra installation, you only have one instance of apache that you configure.

When you install zimbra as normal, it sets up its own jetty web server which listens on port 80 and/or 443.

If you want to front-end with apache, you first move the zimbra jetty ports to non-standard ports - maybe 7080 and 7443 - or whateveer you choose. Make sure you can log into zimbra through the web client on the new ports.

Then you configure your apache instance and proxy requests back to jetty running on the non-standard ports.

From your description, it sounds like you have installed 2 apache web servers in addition to zimbra - which would not be correct.

PHP and php-mbstring, php-curl, proxying, etc all need to be configured to run on the front end apache server.

My best advice to you ...

Why don't you follow the advice I linked in my previous post, and on the wiki, to get it working first with a simple setup Apache front-ending zimbra. And, once you get it working then try to separate your components, and hardening as required.

Quote Originally Posted by liverpoolfcfan View Post
    I am getting more confused by the minute about your scenario.

When you install zimbra as normal, it sets up its own jetty web server which listens on port 80 and/or 443.

If you want to front-end with apache, you first move the zimbra jetty ports to non-standard ports - maybe 7080 and 7443 - or whateveer you choose. Make sure you can log into zimbra through the web client on the new ports.

Then you configure your apache instance and proxy requests back to jetty running on the non-standard ports.

My best advice to you ...

Why don't you follow the advice I linked in my previous post, and on the wiki, to get it working first with a simple setup Apache front-ending zimbra. And, once you get it working then try to separate your components, and hardening as required.
    I can't use apache to proxy on a chroot because they *are* the same system. The chroot'd ubuntu is running zimbra jetty on non-standard ports and apache is running outside the chroot for normal webserver purposes. When I want to get to zimbra webclient I connect directly to the non-standard port and thus am connecting directly to the zimbra jetty webserver.

So proxying isn't the right answer here I don't think.

However, your suggestion about simplifying things is very good. I'll eliminate the chroot part of this and see if I can get things working and then go from there.

Thanks for your help, it's very appreciated.

Default Zimlet for Zimbra ZPush Backend

Hi,

Has anyone planned to create a zimlet for Z-Push Provisioning (Remote Wipe) ?

How can I help supporting this project (what do you need and if I can...) ?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by dedisoft View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone planned to create a zimlet for Z-Push Provisioning (Remote Wipe) ?

How can I help supporting this project (what do you need and if I can...) ?

Regards,
    I have no idea how to go about creating zimlets. Is it something you know how to do ?

Were you thinking of a zimlet that users would access themselves - or one for administrators ?

I have no idea how to go about creating zimlets. Is it something you know how to do ?
    Actually, I've never developped any zimlets, but I'm currently reading some documentation and trying something (on my spare time).
    Were you thinking of a zimlet that users would access themselves - or one for administrators ?
    I thought about a Zimlet for users (to include wipe and reset function into Zimbra for the associated mobile).

But if I'm lucky, I could think / help for an administrators Zimlet !

Hi .. just a quick follow-up to my post of some months ago .. Has anybody else had the experience of seeing multiple threads connected at once - thought I saw somebody else mention it -- but for the life of me I can't find it now? I see at least 3 processes attempting to sync to my iphone (i've seen this behaviour on Ubuntu 8.0.4LTS (self signed cert), zcs-6.0.5_GA_2213.UBUNTU8.20100202225756 ) and also on 8.0.4LTS w/ zcs-6.0.10 (iPod touch gen 1 + iPhone - 3gs - ios4) .. I really don't know how to move forward - any suggstions would be welcome.

TIA.

Is there any documentation on setting this up anywhere? I haven't found anything.

I am currently using Funambol, but have had issues. Would like to give Z-Push a go.

Push email, contacts and calendar with Zimbra 6 Opensource & Z-Push – ActiveSync | slashdevslashnull.com

Think thats been posted a few times - most of it still relavent, few changes, but generally correct; works with Zimbra 7. When i get time ill update it

liverpoolfcfan,

Reading the changelog z-push 1.5, I read that the IMAP backend is now even possible to receive and forward emails with attachments, knows something about backend Zimbra?

Link changelog
    https://developer.berlios.de/project...lease_id=18234

Changelog
    - added: option to forward emails with inline attachments (Mantis #184)

I don't know what changes have gone into the IMAP backend, but I can tell you the whole attachments part of zimbra.php has been completely reworked for the next release.

If you were experiencing an issue with attachments - hopefully that release will address them.