Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Questions

Question Some Questions

Hi,

you guys create a very impressive, feature rich and (compared to php-solutions) fast web client but some things I have missed:

1. todos (already mentioned)
    2. new mail notifications (popup?)
    3. it is not possible to copy a mail
    4. show the complete header from a mail
    5. more than one signature
    6. shared mail folders

How to create a private appointment or a private contact in zimbra? There was no checkbox or something.

There are no appointments in the calendar from other users. How such appointments look like? Is there a differentiation?

How private contacts and appointments look like (differentiation)?

How many users Zimbra can handle (hardware requirements)?

best regards
    jp

- Planned.

2. new mail notifications (popup?)
    - We have a basic toaster app for Windows, which we may release at some point

3. it is not possible to copy a mail
    - Where would you like to copy it to?

4. show the complete header from a mail
    - Just Right-Click and select 'Show Original'

5. more than one signature
    - I'll add an enhancement for this.

6. shared mail folders
    - I'll add an enhancement for this.

How to create a private appointment or a private contact in zimbra? There was no checkbox or something.
    - It's private if you create it and your the only attendee.

There are no appointments in the calendar from other users. How such appointments look like? Is there a differentiation?
    - They look the same except read-only.
    - We do differentiate between NEW, DECLINED, ACCEPTED, etc

How private contacts and appointments look like (differentiation)?
    - They look the same.
    [/QUOTE]

How many users Zimbra can handle (hardware requirements)?
    - This depends on the user profile (ie how active they are and how much mail the avg user has)
    - To give you some idea on a dual cpu with multiple external disks we can support more than 5000 users with a *light* usage profile. Send 3-5 msgs/day and receive up to 10 on avg.
    - The same server could support approx 1300 *heavy* users for this we use a wall street trader type profile where avg 50 sends per day 60 receives.

In general performance tuning is ongoing and we leverage years of tuning and performance work that MySQL and the Linux file system bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinH
    - Where would you like to copy it to?
    Into other folders...most useful with shared folders ...

- Just Right-Click and select 'Show Original'
    DOH! I didnt see that..

- It's private if you create it and your the only attendee.
    Ok but i can't see what my colleagues do at a specific time...e.g. when i try to reach them by phone but they are in a long meeting. I'm (fortunately) not attendee at this meeting so i can't know there is a meeting.

To create an appointment with other attendees i need to know their full names and their email-addresses. Is that right?

If you print out an email with an attachment you don't see there is an attachment at this mail.

Searching for contacts with wildcards is not possible. Sometimes i forget about names and only a substring from the last name is known. So wildcards would be usefull.

To create an appointment with other attendees i need to know their full names and their email-addresses. Is that right?
    Yes. You can select from the address book though.

If you print out an email with an attachment you don't see there is an attachment at this mail.
    I've filed an enhancement. 3928

Searching for contacts with wildcards is not possible. Sometimes i forget about names and only a substring from the last name is known. So wildcards would be usefull.
    Well when you compose we do a auto complete with just typing the first few letters. So this in effect is a wild card match. I assume you asking for similar functionality in the search bar? We've talked about this internally but it's not something we support today.

I search information about the auto completion of the mail recipient address, particularly the manner to point automatically auto completion onto the GAL (public list), and not onto the Contacts list (private).

In our case, the messages are often sent in internal, so the users need to have the recipients address autocompleted on the base of the GAL directly.

How can I manage this ? (no information found on this forum, or bad search terms)

GAL autocomplete is not a feature today. You must use the search box "TO:", "CC:" etc when composing a message.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Default Adding optional attendees?

Is it possible to add an attendee as a mandatory or optional attendee? I couldn't see the feature when adding attendees for a meeting.
    Gerrie

Quote Originally Posted by Gysie2701
    Is it possible to add an attendee as a mandatory or optional attendee? I couldn't see the feature when adding attendees for a meeting.
    Not today. You could put that in the notes though.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Quote:

- Planned.
    hurrah! like many hopelessly disorganised sysadmins i only survive by ticking boxes to remember i've done something..

How do I put that in as a note? I have a previous feature I would also like to add, but can't seem to find a way how...
    Gerrie