Thread: Freebusy sync failling with java.lang.NullPointerException

Default Freebusy sync failling with java.lang.NullPointerException

Hi,

My zimbra users are able to see free/buzy infos from my exchange server (2010 SP1).
    But the one still on the exchange server are not able to see the F/B from the Zimbra users.

It seems Zimbra is unable to push change in the Exchage Public Folders.

In the logfile /opt/zimbra/log/mail.log I can see the following :

Code:
    2012-05-10 15:36:40,104 ERROR [EXCHANGE2010 Free/Busy Sync Queue] [] fb - error while syncing freebusy for EXCHANGE2010
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.fixupAccountName(LdapProvisioning.java:741)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.getAccountByNameInternal(LdapProvisioning.java:779)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.getAccountByName(LdapProvisioning.java:763)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.getAccountByName(LdapProvisioning.java:758)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.get(LdapProvisioning.java:669)
            at com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapProvisioning.get(LdapProvisioning.java:654)
            at com.zimbra.cs.fb.ExchangeEWSFreeBusyProvider$BasicUserResolver.getServerInfo(ExchangeEWSFreeBusyProvider.java:180)
            at com.zimbra.cs.fb.ExchangeEWSFreeBusyProvider.getServerInfo(ExchangeEWSFreeBusyProvider.java:938)
            at com.zimbra.cs.fb.ExchangeEWSFreeBusyProvider.handleMailboxChange(ExchangeEWSFreeBusyProvider.java:499)
            at com.zimbra.cs.fb.FreeBusyProvider$FreeBusySyncQueue.run(FreeBusyProvider.java:263)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    My Zimbra version is :
    Release 7.2.0_GA_2669.RHEL6_64_20120410002117 RHEL6_64 NETWORK edition

The Free/Busy Interop seems fine (Check report as OK)
    Code:
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeAuthPassword: <hidden>
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeAuthScheme: basic
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeAuthUsername: <a_valid_service_account_with_admin_rights>@<domain>
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeCachedInterval: 60d
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeCachedIntervalStart: 7d
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeServerType: ews
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeURL: http://<FQDN>/EWS/exchange.asmx
    zimbraFreebusyExchangeUserOrg: /o=<myOrganisation>/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)
    The LegacyExchange is the same on Exchange and Zimbra.
    The Foreign Principal is set to the Exchange Contact.

Do you have any hints where to search ?
    Last edited by anael; 05-10-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Default my solution

Hi-

After banging my head against this exact wall for several weeks, we changed the setting for the zimbrafreebusyexchangeuserorg from

"o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)"

to

"EX:/o=First Organization/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)"

That fixed it.

I have tried you point, it is not fixing my problem. The problem should be somewhere else.

I have finally the required accounts for the NE support .... Hope they will find the problem.

Hi Anael,

Were you able to find a solution to the problem? If yes, then could you please share the solution? I'm stuck with this problem for the past couple of days.

Thanks,
    Arun.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be anything useful with the logs / NE support.

It is working on a fresh installation from Exchange but not in my current production environment.
    Some users weren't able to see some calendar while the migration was rolling.

I have voted on some Exchange IIOP bugs/RFE do should do the same, perhaps with more votes someone will implements theses.