Thread: New Server to Restore backup

Default New Server to Restore backup

I had a catastrophic failure while trying to rename an email address through the web interface and lost an email account in it's entirety. I was able to make a backup from the client's zimbra desktop installation but the tarball was incomplete, about half of his email account was not backed up. I have created a virtual machine with a new installation of zimbra (same release as the production server). I then replaced the /opt/zimbra directory with the zimbra directory from my backup. I then reran the installation (after changing hostnames in the saved configuration and localconfig.xml files). I recreated the certificates as well.

I am now at a point where, when trying to start zimbra, I get the following messages:
    Host ZimbraRestore.spc.local
    Unable to determine enabled services from ldap.
    Unable to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.

in /var/log/zimbra-stats.log
    Oct 22 09:12:05 ZimbraRestore zimbramon[6653]: 6653:info: 2012-10-22 09:12:01, STATUS: : Unable: to determine enabled services. Cache is out of date or doesn't exist.

more details...
    hostname has changed from original install. I changed the saved config file and tried zmsetservername as well.
    ip address is different from the original server due to the fact that I am on the same network.
    if I run ldap start the output tells me "slapd already running: pid 10531"

I've been working on this for well over a day now and currently I fear that I will have to start all over but until the point when I reran install.h it seems like everything went along just fine so I'm not entirely sure where a mistake was made. Does anyone have any suggestions? Let me know if you would like more information, I've got time to provide it as currently I'm just sitting here staring at the terminal window pulling my hair out.

Thanks

edit...
    I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong section of the forums. Moderators, please relocate it to the appropriate location if I have.
    Last edited by SalmonsSteve; 10-22-2012 at 12:58 PM.