Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimbra 9 - Status?

Quote Originally Posted by Raunaq View Post
    Apologies dik23 but misinformation was never my intention.ZCS 8.5 is scheduled to be GA in late July or early August but again that is not confirmed yet.We are working on war footing to make it available but some announcement will soon be made about the new features and availability. Hope that clears the air.
    Thanks, yes that is helpful

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    How many times does this need to be said? The products are not pre-announced and they'll be here when you see an official announcement from Zimbra in the Announcement forum.
    Hi,

I would like to argue with that.
    If it was a computer game I would appreciate to have it "when its done" (Duke Nukem?).

However, we are talking about an IT business base service in an IT world that is constantly shifting.
    You have a lot of competitors that in my humble opinion starting to take the lead comparing Zimbra 7/8.
    If you need to make decisions about your IT, you expect to know where the train is heading. The train is now taking over 1 year to just get near the next station.
    It would be interesting to know what the callenges are that you are facing and why it takes so long - after over a year delay, there have to be some...
    EWS was never in the talks at the beginning, ZD was discontinued, and everything should be replaced with offline-capabilities of the browser...

All I want to say is: A bit more in depth info would be appreciated. There have been barely news and that makes it look strange from a customer perspective.

My opinion...

Cheers
    Mike

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

If you looked at the blog posts (and videos) you would have some idea of what's intended for the next major version of Zimbra, you could also look in bugzilla at the status of bugs & RFEs attached to the next version and see their status in there. The problem with giving a 'forecast' of the next version is that it is still under heavy development and plans & schedules may change - you can never please all of the people..... I don't have a problem with waiting for official announcements and you can only make plans based on what you currently know is available for the products or platforms in which you are interested.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    Hi,

I would like to argue with that.
    If it was a computer game I would appreciate to have it "when its done" (Duke Nukem?).

However, we are talking about an IT business base service in an IT world that is constantly shifting.
    You have a lot of competitors that in my humble opinion starting to take the lead comparing Zimbra 7/8.
    If you need to make decisions about your IT, you expect to know where the train is heading. The train is now taking over 1 year to just get near the next station.
    It would be interesting to know what the callenges are that you are facing and why it takes so long - after over a year delay, there have to be some...
    EWS was never in the talks at the beginning, ZD was discontinued, and everything should be replaced with offline-capabilities of the browser...

All I want to say is: A bit more in depth info would be appreciated. There have been barely news and that makes it look strange from a customer perspective.
    EWS support is there in ZCS 8.5
    ZD is here to stay and we are developing it further
    Offline web client is there is ZCS 8.5
    Along with a lot of other major changes.Public Beta Should release today but again I may be wrong
    Cheers,
    Raun
    Always ready to help.

Thanks for the links, looks interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Raunaq View Post
    Ok So the 8.5 public beta is out
    Thank you!

Hmm, why not doing the releases in smaller iterations ?

ZD is a different product anyways, so why not decoupling it from the ZCS release schedule ?

On the calling for testers page ( http://info.zimbra.com/zimbra-collaboration-8.5.0-beta2 ) it talks about testing EAS, as performance and scalability improvements have been put in. Does this mean the Open Source Edition is getting EAS native? :3

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIron View Post
    On the calling for testers page ( http://info.zimbra.com/zimbra-collaboration-8.5.0-beta2 ) it talks about testing EAS, as performance and scalability improvements have been put in. Does this mean the Open Source Edition is getting EAS native? :3
    That announcement page is specifically for the Network Edition of ZCS 8.5.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.