Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) Package

Quote Originally Posted by Maja View Post
    I've tried the package, I've tried building from source, each time I end up with only mail, no contacts or calendar. Unfortunately those are the key items I need, as I need to sync this data to my Treo. I'd go the route of Thunderbird, which I prefer, if you could sync in Linux, but apparently this is a big area of few options. You either use Gnome-pilot with Evolution or JPilot, neither of which offer support for Thunderbird.

Back to the issue, I don't see any errors, I just don't get data. Ideas?
    Maja,

It has to do with the self-signed SSL certificate on the server end which precludes the Connector from successfully doing anything. If it is a commercial SSL certificate, then you are fine.

This problem has been biting me for so long that I will try to have a patch ready to go in a few days time. Please be patient.

-
    Emil

Thanks esoleyman. I am using unsecured, port 80, traffic thus I didn't think that the SSL issues were causing my issues. At this point I'll wait and see what comes out in the next week or so. I went back to Thunderbird using the ScheduleWorld plugin, but frankly that thing is a mess. Seems there are some issues there to be sorted out before I'll go back to that route. Hoping that Evolution gives me what I need.

I've tried the package, I've tried building from source, each time I end up with only mail, no contacts or calendar. Unfortunately those are the key items I need, as I need to sync this data to my Treo. I'd go the route of Thunderbird, which I prefer, if you could sync in Linux, but apparently this is a big area of few options. You either use Gnome-pilot with Evolution or JPilot, neither of which offer support for Thunderbird.

Back to the issue, I don't see any errors, I just don't get data. Ideas?
    Can you attach your ~/.evolution/log/zimbra.log file to your post? Remember to remove any passwords or sensitive information from there.

That's the strange part, I don't have any logs in my .evolution directory.

That's the strange part, I don't have any logs in my .evolution directory.
    Maja,

It's not the SSL self-certificate that seems to be the problem - the hack for it is already in the codebase. Can you confirm something for me?

Drop down to a shell, become root, and execute the evolution-data-server by giving the following command: /usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-2.22 (or something similar to it) and paste the results into the next post.

So I have no idea why, but I went ahead and reinstalled everything and it started working. Kudos on the plugin, so far so good. Now to just see what happens when I sync with my Treo.

Guess I spoke too soon. Things, I thought, were working well, but now I cannot see my contacts within Evolution. The following is from the logs:

Code:
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:07 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2368):e_book_backend_zimbra_authenticate_user enter
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:07 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2969):e_book_backend_zimbra_get_type enter
    DEBUG 20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:07 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2423):e_book_backend_zimbra_authenticate_user mode is remote!
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:08 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2751):e_book_backend_zimbra_get_static_capabilities enter
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:08 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2969):e_book_backend_zimbra_get_type enter
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:08 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(2969):e_book_backend_zimbra_get_type enter
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:08 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(1690):e_book_backend_zimbra_start_book_view enter
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:08 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(1603):book_view_thread enter
    INFO  20859   Thu Mar 27 04:32:08 2008 e-book-backend-zimbra.c(1633):book_view_thread summary not found, reading the uids from cache

Default must restart evolution-data-server

So I have no idea why, but I went ahead and reinstalled everything and it started working. Kudos on the plugin, so far so good. Now to just see what happens when I sync with my Treo.
    I had a similar problem with e-mail working but no calendar or contacts. It seems that the evolution-data-server was still running. I killed all evo processes and restarted evolution. Voila. Contacts were there. Now I'll see if I can work with this. M<
    Last edited by walter.80@osu.edu; 04-01-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: improve the posting

Default Problems: Jot down your versions

This is for Maja, Walter.80, and others who are experiencing problems with contacts and calendars:

Please let me know the versions of both the Connector plugin and Evolution Groupware Suite you are currently running.

Thanks,
    Emil

Quote Originally Posted by esoleyman View Post
    This is for Maja, Walter.80, and others who are experiencing problems with contacts and calendars:

Please let me know the versions of both the Connector plugin and Evolution Groupware Suite you are currently running.

Thanks,
    Emil
    Emil, thanks for following up. I am not sure at this time whether I am still having problems with the calendar and contacts. I wanted to post the suggestion to kill the evolution-data-server because the fixed the problem I had seeing calendars and contacts. I learned that this was my problem after I ran "/usr/lib/evolution/evolution-data-server-1.12" and found the error that "books" was already running.

Anyway, I'll be putting the connector through its paces later in the week. In the meantime to answer your question, I compiled "evolution-zimbra-0.1.0.tar.gz" from sourceforge for my evolution 2.12.1. I got hints from various postings in the forums. I am running all this on Ubuntu Gutsy on an AMD64. thanks, mark