Is there something wrong with the search feature? I cannot for the life of me get my distlists to show when I do a search in a new mail message. I select GAL for the search but it fails to display any distlists. For example, I have a distlist called 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
I have searched the following strings with zero results:
Well in M2 GAL search doesn't work right. There are a couple bugs, which are fixed in the next build.
OK. Well thanks for the reply. Here is a little something I have found out.
When I performed the searches mentioned in my last post, I did so from the account I set up for myself which was: email@example.com
So when I created the above mentioned account, I created it with webmail.avmax.ca as it's primary domain and then created the alias '@avmax.ca'.
When I do a search in the GAL for 'avmax.ca', it will only return the results for the accounts (in this case 3) which were also created with the same primary domain 'webmail.avmax.ca'. Aliases do not seem to be included in the search.
However, as far as testing this software in a production sense, all the accounts I have created since, have been primary domain '@avmax.ca' with aliases for '@webmail.avmax.ca'. When I log into any of the dozen or so accounts I have created using this method, searching the GAL will return all the '@avmax.ca' accounts including the 'distlists' mentioned previously, but of course excluding the initial accounts created using the primary '@webmail.avmax.ca'
Hope that all makes sense.