I've managed to get Zimbra behaving pretty well with all desktop clients bar one - Novell/Ximian Evolution :confused: So far this is what I've found.
It looks like subfolder viewing is a bit intermittent and I get a strange un-named empty folder show up all the time:
When I connect to the server with Evolution the first thing I get is a SSL cert warning - not a big issue as it's self signed, but when I look at the warning it shows the CN as the server and OU, O etc as Zimbra in the US:
Could I change these details by using and
zmcertinstall mailbox <cert.file>
Take a look at zmcreateca, and you'll see that it generates an ssl.conf file - if you modify that file, you can change the cert details.
hey marc would that be
What's the difference between zmcreateca and zmcreatecert?
zmcreateca creates a self-signed CA for cert signing.
zmcreatecert creates a cert request, and signs it with the CA
Do I edit /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/zmssl.cnf first and then run zmcreateca?
ssl conf file to edit
No - as I said, ssl.cnf is generated by createca. It does a simple sed replace for the hostname - so you'll want to edit /opt/zimbra/conf/zmssl.cnf.in with the changed information (just don't change the @@HOSTNAME@@ string)
I changed the details in /opt/zimbra/conf/zmssl.cnf.in, but it still comes up with the default entries :( It's not a big issue at the moment, so I can cope for now.
As far as the strange folder goes, I've checked using Thunderbird and KMail and neither of them show this wierd folder :confused: Originally I thought it was because I had connected using Outlook prior to Evolution, but when I connected to another account which had never been connected to by any client I still get the mystery folder.