TIP: How to view today's tasks
Until Zimbra supports this directly, I figured out a way to get a list of today's tasks, past-due tasks, etc. using Saved Searches.
- Create 2 folders: Tasks and Completed Tasks.
- Whenever you complete a task, move it to the Completed Tasks folder.
- Then create the following Saved Searches:
- in:tasks appt-end:+0day (today's tasks)
- in:tasks appt-end:+1day (tomorrow's tasks)
- in:tasks appt-end:+0week (this week's tasks)
- in:tasks appt-end:<+0day (past-due tasks)
According to the search grammar, I should be able to query within attribute fields directly (e.g. search the last name of contacts using "#lastname:Jones"). I was hoping to find something for tasks like "#status:Completed", but alas no luck (hence the Completed Tasks folder workaround). I even tried going through the source code but the code is so well abstracted that I couldn't figure out where to find a list of these indexed fields (if a Zimbra employee is reading this, perhaps you can help?).