Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Briefcase is broken in 5.0.10

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Briefcase is broken in 5.0.10

    Since I have upgraded to 5.0.10 (open source edition), I can no longer download items that are stored in my Briefcase(s).
    I get a page load error whenever I click on the hyper link associated with items in a briefcase. I am also unable to right click on an item and use the "Save Link As" option of the browsers context menu.

    I stopped and restarted all the Zimbra services, but to no effect.

    Has anyone else experienced this problem?

    Any ideas on what else I should check to troubleshoot this issue?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I am experiencing virtually the same problem with all the accounts on my server as well. BTW, I am running my Zimbra install as a VM. ...If that makes any difference.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Have you checked your domain's public service hostname?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Interways;

    I have been wondering if it was a name resolution issue, but so far haven't actively tested changing the public service hostname.

    I did change the public service hostname, but I thought I did that prior to upgrading the 5.0.10 and it was working fine.

    I'll look into it this weekend, and report back any findings.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I have found my briefcase problem. Maybe others are having the same issue. Any help is appreciated. Here it is:

    *Keep in mind that in my examples I'm using the public view URL, but they are all broken, even when I'm logged in to an account. The only thing I can do is upload to and see the list view of the briefcase.

    I paste in the public view URL in FF3 or Opera9, etc:

    https://mail.domain.com/home/user@domain.com/Briefcase

    It used to say error 404 not found. What I did not realize was that the URL was different than what I had pasted in. The /home was stripped, see below:

    https://mail.domain.com/user@domain.com/Briefcase

    I seemed to have fixed it now so now I can see at least see the contents of the briefcase. However, when I click on an item to view it the /home is stripped and I get the error 404 not found.

    When I add the /home to the URL manually the item opens up fine. The URL that appears when I mouse over a briefcase item is correct, but when it actually is clicked as previously stated, the URL is missing the /home

    Also the same thing is happening with the Documents/Notebook URL's

    Why is this happening?
    Last edited by tikal; 12-04-2008 at 02:34 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. ZCS 5.0.10 Released!
    By mmorse in forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 04:37 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 01:54 PM
  3. Briefcase testing
    By meralias in forum Users
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 11:53 AM
  4. Briefcase vs Samba Shares
    By peng1can in forum Administrators
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
  5. Zimbra 5.0 Beta - Question on Briefcase
    By soxfan in forum Administrators
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •