today I risked it and (after a full backup) I upgraded my productive server to 3.2. Here I want to post feedback about this (beta) version. They items are not ordered, I just wrote what came into my mind.
- First of all, the new default skin is gorgious. It is much clearer than the brushed steal skin of all previous versions. Thumbs up!
- The keyboard navigation is very practical. I didn't try all possible commands yet, but it would be handy if you could scroll pagewise with the [page up] and [page down] keys in the mail overview. I also miss a key for checking for new mails.
- The options page in the frontend doesn't appear when clicking on the button at the sidebar (neither in FF 1.5 nor in IE 6)
- First I thought the calendar wasn't working or wasn't correctly imported. But then I saw that the calendar was ticked off so no appointments where displayed. It seems to be a bug (before logging in into the upgraded Zimbra I cleared cache and cookies).
- The behavior of the characterwise selection of contacts seems a bit strange to me. If I click on "D" all contacts from D are shown. If I click on "Q" all contacts from R are shown. But if I click on "X" I get "No results found". The last contact in my list begins with W.
I would find it the best if only the names starting with the selected character would be shown and if there are none the user should get the not found message.
- If I logout and login again Zimbra doesn't "remember" which mail folders I had opened and which not.
- It isn't possible mark/copy text which is shown on the contact details page.
- When I upload an attachment to a notbook page, an incorrect path is created. My server has the FQDN zimbra.mydomain.de. The path is generated with https://mydomain.de/bla/bla. Where can I change that? Is it hardcoded?
Thats all for now, I will write more if something catches my eye.