Hi, I'm trying to decide if I should switch to zimbra, but I have a few questions which I can't find the answers to.
I would switch to zimbra for collaborating and archiving documents on my own domain (like a privately hosted "writely", if you will), and centralizing my contacts & calendar.
I know it will work fine for the calendar & contacts, I'm just wondering if zimbra is flexible enough for documents? I'll just fire my questions:
- Can I set permissions to view, access and edit documents flexibly for different users?
- Can I hide sensitive info (my contacts, my calendar, certain documents) from freelancers but still give them access to certain parts of zimbra?
- Is the collaborative writing "in real time"?
- Can freelancers upload their work?
- But, can I prevent freelancers/collaborators to use my domain as a backup server, document or video vault, or centralized calendar/address book?
- how secure is zimbra?
- can I admin the authentication/login from "within" zimbra, or do I need to access files or configs on my server?