Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: 2 problems with 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default 2 problems with 4.0.2

    Hello,

    yesterday we upgraded from 3.1.4 NE to 4.0.2 NE.
    Since then I have 2 problems.

    - Sometimes, when switching from mail to mail I get an "zmEvent not defined" error.

    - Autocompleteion from GAL does not work. It is set in the COS and searching the GAL works both from the "To:" search box and from the search in contacts but there is no autocompletion in the new mails address fields.
    Anything else to do here?

    Best regards

    Christian

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    4,789
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    ZmEvent should have been fixed in 4.0.2 please ensure you've cleared your cache/reloaded and then provide exact reproduce steps.

    Similar GAL search should be working in 4.0.2
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Hi Kevin,

    well I can not tell you any steps to reproduce the zmEvent error, but it happens when after reading a mail I klick on another mail. Of course not all the time.
    I will try and clear my cache later.

    Autocomplete from GAL definately does not work here.
    The filter entries are the same as in LDAP filter and this works, so this should not be the problem.

    Thanks

    Christian

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Are your messages automatically flagged by a filter? If so, remove the auto flagging and the problem will go away.

    Jason

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Can I create the filters again later? I am using filters to flag about 80% of my mail, so this would be dramatic if I had to do it manually.

    BTW, now I am getting "ZmController is not defined" form time to time, too.

    Christian

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Can I create the filters again later? I am using filters to flag about 80% of my mail, so this would be dramatic if I had to do it manually.

    Thats a question for the developers. I assume this is a logged bug but I'm not sure. I was using tagging to determine which mail was from people in my address book and which were not. I now just move the unknown senders to a folder called possible spam. This is possible now that Zimbra added the ability to filter based on the existance of the email address in your address book. After about a week of checking the possible spam folder and adding addresses from sender I want, I have very few false positives. I then mass junk the contents of the possible spam folder. It works well for me.

    BTW, now I am getting "ZmController is not defined" form time to time, too.

    I think that may be the same issue. See if you can replicate the problem using mail that is not tagged.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Autocompleteion from GAL does not work. It is set in the COS and searching the GAL works both from the "To:" search box and from the search in contacts but there is no autocompletion in the new mails address fields.
    Anything else to do here?


    Make sure you have it selected in the user preferences as well as the feature list. You can do this from their COS.

    Jason

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    zmController/zmEvent problem
    This seems to be related to tagging by filters as written here and in a thread on zmController. When I deactivated my tagging filters the error did not occur.

    This is still extremely bad as tagging is one of the key features for me and most incomming mails are tagged automatically.

    GAL:
    Autocomplete from GAL: is ticked in both COS and User profile.

    Christian

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Not sure if this is related to your problem or not, but I found that by logging out of my webmail session, clearing my cache and logging back in, the problem went away.
    Cheers,

    Travis

    "Let's look at this from a standpoint of "Status". What exactly, on the Space Craft, IS working?"
    -Flight Control, Apollo 13

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    196
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Logging out did not help me, at least not for long.
    As I did not want to settle for switching off all tagging filters I tried around a bit and it seems that it is enough to switch out one.
    Interestingly the one I had to switch off is looking for my own domain in the from field. All other filters work without problems.

    Christian

Similar Threads

  1. Restarting and german 'umlaut' problems
    By Oswald-Kolle in forum Installation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 03:09 AM
  2. iSync Connector / Apple Address Book Problems
    By jrosen in forum CalDAV / CardDAV / iSync
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 04:40 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 11:31 AM
  4. Problems with public Subversion repository
    By dwhite in forum Developers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2006, 12:25 PM
  5. Upgrade 3.1.4 to 4.0.2
    By Richard in forum Zimbra Connector for Outlook
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2006, 08:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •