To-Do List and Shared Email Folders
I am evaluating Zimbra for our company to get rid of Exchange. At the first glance I like Zimbra very much. But I am missing two things:
1. To-Do List
2. Shared Email Folders
Did I overlook something? If not, are those two things on the roadmap and is there some ETA? I could not find infos about that on the Zimbra Site.
Shared Email Folders a Priority
For me, shared email folders are a high priority, and a gap between Outlook and Zimbra that needs to be closed.
I've looked at the Bug 9396, and beleive that while the functionality described there would be useful in some cases, what the majority of people want to do is this.
1. Create a folder in their account.
2. Share that folder with other users in their domain (with view or manage rights).
3. Users who accept the share will have the opportunity to name the folder, and it will appear in their folder list.
4. When a grantee clicks on the folder they will see the list of emails in the folder, and be able to read them. If they have manage rights, they will also be able to delete an email and move email to and from the folder.
5. If rights are given to a folder, then the same rights apply to any subfolders of that folder.
Simple workflow. For example a Sales person might drop a sales confirmation email into a Sales folder, where customer service can pick it up.
Shared Information Storage: Sales and Customer service could both access a shared hierarchy of folders, one for each customer which contain all saved correspondence with that customer.
I'm wondering if bug/enhancement 9396 is appropriately covering off this kind of functionaility, and whether a new bug/enhancement should be created ? or is there already one, I couldn't find anything.
Thanks - Adam.