Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Hand time

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Hand time

    I am having issues with zimbra hanging for a few seconds at a time . . . very frequently. I access using Firefox and IE 8 or 9, depending upon the PC I am on.

    It is particularly annoying when typing an email message. I will be several words ahead of what actually typed into the screen before I notice that the curser has locked up. I then have to wait for it to start working again, usually 3-5 seconds.

    This only happens with Zimbra and does not happen with any other programs I am running on my PC.

    Another issue I experience is that the spell check will reset itself before I get a chance to make any corrections. The words will highlight, then seconds later it kicks itself out of the spell check function. Maybe the two problems are related?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjh1965 View Post
    I am having issues with zimbra hanging for a few seconds at a time . . . very frequently. I access using Firefox and IE 8 or 9, depending upon the PC I am on.
    You've posted this in the Zimbra Desktop forums, is that the product you're using and which version is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjh1965 View Post
    Another issue I experience is that the spell check will reset itself before I get a chance to make any corrections. The words will highlight, then seconds later it kicks itself out of the spell check function.
    That's because your browser is refreshing the window.

    Quote Originally Posted by tjh1965 View Post
    Maybe the two problems are related?
    No, they're not.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Zimbra is offered by my web hosting company as an email option, I access my Zimbra account through the web. I do not use any desktop programs like Outlook to access it.

  4. #4
    phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Vannes, France
    Posts
    23,587
    Rep Power
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjh1965 View Post
    Zimbra is offered by my web hosting company as an email option, I access my Zimbra account through the web.
    You should have said that in the first place, which company hosts your email?

    Quote Originally Posted by tjh1965 View Post
    I do not use any desktop programs like Outlook to access it.
    Then why did you post this question in the Zimbra Desktop forum rather than the correct Zimbra Collaboration Server/Users forum? I'll move this to the correct forum.

    You also need to give details of which version of Zimbra you're using and what the specification of your PC is and whether you're using any firewall/anti-virus/anti-malware or email checking software.
    Regards


    Bill


    Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •