Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: "Not a legal OleAut date" sync error

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    2

    Default "Not a legal OleAut date" sync error

    I was using Outlook 2010 on Win7 with a different email host. I used gSyncit to sync my calendar and tasks to Pocket Informant Online which in turn synced to Pocket Informant on my iPhone 5. When I switched to Zimbra, the zdb created by Outlook file is only partially compatible with gSyncit (which is designed for pst files). Some appointments sync, but most of my recurring appointments produce a "Not a legal OleAut date" error which indicates a problem reading the appointment's end date. Recreating the recurring appointments didn't help. If there's no fix for this, I'll have to make a decision about going back to my old system (I'd rather not) or staying with Zimbra and giving up Pocket Informant (equally disappointing). Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    1

    Default "Not a legal OleAut date" sync error

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYou View Post
    I was using Outlook 2010 on Win7 with a different email host. I used gSyncit to sync my calendar and tasks to Pocket Informant Online which in turn synced to Pocket Informant on my iPhone 5. When I switched to Zimbra, the zdb created by Outlook file is only partially compatible with gSyncit (which is designed for pst files). Some appointments sync, but most of my recurring appointments produce a "Not a legal OleAut date" error which indicates a problem reading the appointment's end date. Recreating the recurring appointments didn't help. If there's no fix for this, I'll have to make a decision about going back to my old system (I'd rather not) or staying with Zimbra and giving up Pocket Informant (equally disappointing). Does anyone know of a fix or workaround?
    I'm in the same boat. I've used gSyncIt with Windows 7, Outlook 2010 to sync Google Calendars and Contacts with Zimbra for some time without any problems. Recently my campus upgraded to a newer version of Zimbra (v7.2.6_GA_2926), and upgraded its clients to a newer Zimbra Connector for Outlook (v8.0.5.993). Ever since then anything I create or change in the calendar after the update date throws the "Not a legal OleAut date" error. The gSyncIt folks have said its a known Zimbra problem that Zimbra needs to resolve, but has not addressed at this time. I can get things to sync, but this error stops anything else from doing so until the next sync. This can be problematic when synchronizing an entire 25-seat class of contacts as it takes 25 sync's to complete the process.

Similar Threads

  1. sync error: ""find message failed"
    By balusss in forum Error Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 12:11 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 06:20 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 08:49 AM
  4. IMAP Sync and "received" date
    By Zenitram in forum Migration
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 05:34 PM
  5. hidden protected "Inbox" (due to legal reasons)
    By john99 in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 09:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •