Search problems in shared subfolders

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
micronaet

Postby micronaet » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi everyone, I was trying Zimbra Open source edition since 2 month, I began with 5.16 and 5.18 version and now I upgraded to 6.0.

I have an installation with no public domain, it sounds like: @zimbra.local. After upgrade I have problems with sending mail, a mailer daemon inform me than user@zimbra.local isn't a valid user/domain so SMTP server can't accept mail from me (even if I use a "reply to" real address > in 5.18 this configuration works well);

I decide to create a real domain and migrate all user.

This steps are listed for explain my problem, now my user can't search in shared subfolder, I have 3 user that see other inbox: if I try to find a mail in my inbox I don't have problems, if another user try to find the same mail in my (shared) inbox folder he did not find if the message if it is stored in a subfolder.

I redo all shared connections, reboot server, reindex all 3 folder but no results, somebody can help me?

tnks

micronaet

Postby micronaet » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:22 am

I try to workarround to understand my problems, I see that with Zimbra Desktop my searches works well, I can find mail in shared subfolders, if I try the same search in web client I see only shared folder results without see the mail located in sub folders. (hope this help anyone who want to help me).

bye
unc0nnected

Re: Search problems in shared subfolders

Postby unc0nnected » Wed May 17, 2017 2:58 pm

8 years later and we still can't search shared folders through the web app? At times I honestly wonder if there are actually any developers working on Zimbra over there when I see functionality like this go unaddressed for the better part of a decade
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: Search problems in shared subfolders

Postby phoenix » Wed May 17, 2017 4:31 pm

unc0nnected wrote:8 years later and we still can't search shared folders through the web app? At times I honestly wonder if there are actually any developers working on Zimbra over there when I see functionality like this go unaddressed for the better part of a decade
If you're talking about a folder that is Shared with another user or something else but that works for me using this syntax:

Code: Select all

in:""Inbox - Admin" freenas
A search of the shared folder in my account returns the expected result of all the emails to the admin account from my FreeNAS server - is that what you're trying or is it something else that you're trying to do?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”