keyserver receive failed: Invalid argument

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
rs500cat

keyserver receive failed: Invalid argument

Postby rs500cat » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:39 pm

We are doing a zcs-8.8.15 GA install on Ubuntu 18.04 in a Vmware image. After asking if we want to use the package repository the system returns the error below.

Warning: apt-key output should not be parsed (stdout is not a terminal)
Importing Zimbra GPG key
ERROR: Unable to retrive Zimbra GPG key for package validation
Please fix system to allow normal package installation before proceeding

I have searched and found no solution that works... Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Ron

phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: keyserver receive failed: Invalid argument

Postby phoenix » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:10 pm

It helps if you tell us which 'fixes' you've actually tried and what the results were. The first link in this search is the ZCS wiki article on the subject, did you try it? https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=%22ERROR%3A+Unable+to+retrive+Zimbra+GPG+key+for+package+validation%22&cat=web&pl=opensearch&language=english
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

If you'd like to see this implemented in a future version of ZCS then please vote on Bugzilla entries 97706 & 108168
rs500cat

Re: keyserver receive failed: Invalid argument

Postby rs500cat » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:23 pm

phoenix wrote:It helps if you tell us which 'fixes' you've actually tried and what the results were. The first link in this search is the ZCS wiki article on the subject, did you try it? https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=%22ERROR%3A+Unable+to+retrive+Zimbra+GPG+key+for+package+validation%22&cat=web&pl=opensearch&language=english

I tried the option to force to port 80 and still received a keyserver receive failed: Invalid argument. I also tried
apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys 9BE6ED79 with the same result.

I really don't want to create a local repository just to process the key file. The VMware image is in a 10.30.133.XXX subnet off our 192.168.1.XXX network but the image has no issue accessing other web pages. There are no port exclusion rules on the router. Also, I installed dnsmasq and can process A and MX records.

Thanks, Ron

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”