Migrating ZCS to another server machine

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Grejao

Postby Grejao » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:58 am

Hi all.
Today i have a ZCS 5 works fine without problems. The problem are my server that doesn't support zimbra anymore and i need to migrate then for a better machine.
I Read the documentation to migrate to another machine ( http://www.zimbra.com/blog/archives/2007/10/moving_zcs_to_another_server.html) and try to do all steps but when i try to copy /opt/zimbra by rsync to a network folder they copy but returns some errors that cannot copy all files. They return erros at many files that cannot copy.

have any other kind to make this migration? like install a second server and sync with first, after sync down the first server?
att

Renato Gregio

dustys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby dustys » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:29 am

I've done this a couple times (actually did it last night). The first thing I do is do a full backup and then stop all Zimbra services. Tarball the entire /opt/zimbra directory. While this is running (it will take awhile), go on the new server and install the exact same version of Zimbra you had on your old server. Remove the /opt/zimbra directory on the new server.
Once the tarball is complete, copy it to the new server and untar it back into /opt/zimbra. Then run the installer once again on the new system, doing an upgrade on the install. If everything goes right, you should have a functioning Zimbra system at the end.
Cheers,

Dusty

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”