Polling PoP email accounts

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
Maja

Postby Maja » Tue May 06, 2008 11:49 am

[quote user="mmorse"]zmprov mds mikd@tdpassets.com SaveMyCoupons zimbraDataSourcePollingInterval 3m[/QUOTE]
Thanks Mike, that did it! Appreciate the assistance.
For my final question (you knew it was coming), is there a way to set the default for all users, rather then having to manually set it for each and every user? I can see why it may be set for each user, to reduce the polling, but a general configuration would be helpful in this situation.

Russianspi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby Russianspi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Yeah, thanks Mike, that was the answer I was looking for, too. Is there a way to set this domain(or server)-wide?
npman

Postby npman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 am

I have used the commands above to setup polling from our POP mailboxes... and it works well, however...
Since doing this, the mail is not deleted from the POP mailbox after it is brought into Zimbra. This is a serious problem, because things are filling up fast.
Is there a switch in the command line commands to tell it to delete messages after polling?
--Patrick
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby mmorse » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:57 am

nmpman: zimbraDataSourceLeaveOnServer TRUE/FALSE
Maja & Russianspi see Bug 33151 - data polling interval inheritance issue

(When fixed it should inherited from the COS > to the account > to the data source. If a child object sets the value to '' null, it's supposed to inherit the parent value - if set to 0 or left unset via that chain then turned off.)

There's also: Bug 21199 - add ability to set autopolling in admin console

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”