[SOLVED] unistalling a broken installation

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
underdog

Postby underdog » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:25 am

Hi There,

I am having a nightmare with the installation.

(CENTOS 5.5)
Ok i download and unpack the rpms, then i try to run the configure command, it tells me that it can find any packages. So i decide to install the packages one by one.

however i get to the 3rd one (zimbra-core) and if gets to the end (trough the gui installer for centos). The progress bar is complete but the installer hangs and won't finish, it takes 20 mins.

So i killed the process and got on with the rest thinking this was some issue with the installer GUI.

Apparently not, zimbra wont start.

So i decide to reinstall, first i try to remove the rpms but it says that the rpms have not been installed.

I then delete the whole /opt/zimbra directory manually.

Then i do the whole process again but it wont let me install rpms now because they are already installed?!!!!!!

So i force the rpm to install using --force argument. This works however zimbra moans at me a bit when it installer runs, then it only gives me the chance to Update the current installation, which i do. It then gets halfway through and then dies moaning about something to do with "slapd" config.
Is there any way i can just scrap everything and start from fresh getting rid of all rpm records and each and every file zimbra has ever put near the machine???????

underdog

Postby underdog » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:26 am

Incidentally i have successfully installed zimbra 3 times now without problems.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 am

You can remove everything by running './install.sh -u' and it will wipe everything out. Don't try and install the rpms manually, use the installer and post any problems you may have here. I assume you've disabled SElinux & Firewall and got all the pre-requisite DNS A & MX records set-up plus the correct hosts file?
BTW, I assume you mean CentOS 5.1 - I don't think they're up to 5.5 yet. ;)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
underdog

Postby underdog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:26 am

Thanks bill i will ive it a try now

All the best
underdog

Postby underdog » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:57 pm

got it eventually, lot's of digging and late late night. Please can someone prioritize CentOS on the next build

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”