Certify Error on (re)install

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
rodrigoccurvo

Postby rodrigoccurvo » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:15 am

Hi folks, here I am again. After some fight with Postfix's domains, I started to receive the message "Temporary lookup failure" in the maillog. Searching the net, I discovered that this is an error related to corrupted database. So I decided to follow another post's instruction, uninstalling with install.sh -u and install again. Now I am no able to install again, this is the relevant part of install.log:

COMMAND: zmcreatecert

** Creating CA private key
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key

.....++++++

........++++++

writing new private key to '/opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key'

-----

** Creating CA cert
Signature ok

subject=/C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=osiris.localdomain

Getting Private key

** Importing CA
Certificate was added to keystore

keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts (Permission denied)

** Creating keystore
** Creating server cert request
** Signing cert request
Signature ok

subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.localdomain

Getting CA Private Key

Signature ok

subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.localdomain

Getting Private key

COMMAND: zmcertinstall mailbox

** Importing server cert
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Failed to establish chain from reply

COMMAND: zmtlsctl http

COMMAND: zmcertinstall mta /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/server/smtpd.crt /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key

** Importing server cert
COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_untrusted_certs=true

COMMAND: zmcontrol startup

Calling startup (osiris.localdomain)

At this point, the installation hangs. I tried to run zmcreatecert manually (with the needed permission, the file /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts is read only) and it worked, but my installation still doesn't. I already had reinstalled Zimbra a few times, and none of this happened. I verified the SSL package and the appropriate libs, and everything's ok.
Any ideas?
PS: the binary file for FC3 available in the site is updated periodically? A friend of mine had the same problem I did with Timezone (described on another post on "Users" forum), and he said that he coudn't find the file I modified, but he did find the same function on another file.

14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby 14319KevinH » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:54 pm

[QUOTE]PS: the binary file for FC3 available in the site is updated periodically? A friend of mine had the same problem I did with Timezone (described on another post on "Users" forum), and he said that he coudn't find the file I modified, but he did find the same function on another file.[/QUOTE]
We did update the build yesterday. You can see the announcement here:
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby 14319KevinH » Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:57 pm

[QUOTE]At this point, the installation hangs. I tried to run zmcreatecert manually (with the needed permission, the file /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts is read only) and it worked, but my installation still doesn't. I already had reinstalled Zimbra a few times, and none of this happened. I verified the SSL package and the appropriate libs, and everything's ok.[/QUOTE]
After you did the install.sh -u did you make sure the /opt/zimbra dir was empty? I've seen this error when there was files left in there after an install.
rodrigoccurvo

Postby rodrigoccurvo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:01 am

[quote user="14319KevinH"]After you did the install.sh -u did you make sure the /opt/zimbra dir was empty? I've seen this error when there was files left in there after an install.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I did clean up the /opt/zimbra and everything else I found. It seems that sometimes some process like ldap doesn't die properly. Berfore reinstall I checked if every Zimbra process were down and verified if there was any port already used. I downloaded the updated packages for FC3 and installed. I thought the errors were caused because of my localdomain. So I tried to configure my dns (another machine) with a fully qualified name. It didn't work either. This is my install.log:

A preparar os pacotes para a instalação...

zimbra-core-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)

zimbra-ldap-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_

zimbra-mta-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_

zimbra-snmp-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_

zimbra-store-3.0.M1_21.FC3-20050920155949_

COMMAND: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmyinit

* Creating required directories

* Generating mysql config /opt/zimbra/conf/my.cnf

* Creating database in /opt/zimbra/db/data

* Starting mysql server

* Loading schema /opt/zimbra/db/db.sql

* Loading version from /opt/zimbra/db/versions-init.sql

* Setting random password for mysql root user in zimbra local config

* Setting random password for mysql zimbra user in zimbra local config

* Changing mysql root user password

* Changing mysql zimbra user password

* Changed zimbra mysql user password

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_server_hostname=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ldap_host=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ldap_port=389

COMMAND: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmldapinit

Started slapd: pid 25352

adding new entry "cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=admins,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "uid=zimbra,cn=admins,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=url,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=phone,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=tracking,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=po,cn=object,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=cos,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=default,cn=cos,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=servers,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-12.00) International Date Line West,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-11.00) Midway Island / Samoa,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-10.00) Hawaii,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-09.00) Alaska,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-08.00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) / Tijuana,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-07.00) Arizona,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-07.00) Chihuahua / La Paz / Mazatlan,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-07.00) Mountain Time (US & Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Central America,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Central Time (US & Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Guadalajara / Mexico City / Monterrey,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-06.00) Saskatchewan,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-05.00) Bogota / Lima / Quito,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-05.00) Indiana (East),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-04.00) Atlantic Time (Canada),cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-04.00) Caracas / La Paz,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-04.00) Santiago,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.30) Newfoundland,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.00) Brasilia,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.00) Buenos Aires / Georgetown,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-03.00) Greenland,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-02.00) Mid-Atlantic,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-01.00) Azores,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT-01.00) Cape Verde Is.,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT) Casablanca / Monrovia,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+01.00) Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+01.00) Belgrade / Bratislava / Budapest / Ljubljana / Prague,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+01.00) Brussels / Copenhagen / Madrid / Paris,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+01.00) Sarajevo / Skopje / Warsaw / Zagreb,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+01.00) West Central Africa,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+02.00) Athens / Beirut / Istanbul / Minsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+02.00) Bucharest,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+02.00) Cairo,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+02.00) Harare / Pretoria,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+02.00) Helsinki / Kyiv / Riga / Sofia / Tallinn / Vilnius,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+02.00) Jerusalem,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+03.00) Baghdad,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+03.00) Kuwait / Riyadh,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+03.00) Moscow / St. Petersburg / Volgograd,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+03.00) Nairobi,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+03.30) Tehran,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+04.00) Abu Dhabi / Muscat,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+04.00) Baku / Tbilisi / Yerevan,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+04.30) Kabul,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+05.00) Ekaterinburg,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+05.00) Islamabad / Karachi / Tashkent,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+05.30) Chennai / Kolkata / Mumbai / New Delhi,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+05.45) Kathmandu,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+06.00) Almaty / Novosibirsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+06.00) Astana / Dhaka,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+06.00) Sri Jayawardenepura,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+06.30) Rangoon,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+07.00) Bangkok / Hanoi / Jakarta,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+07.00) Krasnoyarsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+08.00) Beijing / Chongqing / Hong Kong / Urumqi,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+08.00) Irkutsk / Ulaan Bataar,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+08.00) Kuala Lumpur / Singapore,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+08.00) Perth,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+08.00) Taipei,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+09.00) Osaka / Sapporo / Tokyo,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+09.00) Seoul,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+09.00) Yakutsk,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+09.30) Adelaide,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+09.30) Darwin,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+10.00) Brisbane,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+10.00) Canberra / Melbourne / Sydney,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+10.00) Guam / Port Moresby,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+10.00) Hobart,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+10.00) Vladivostok,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+11.00) Magadan / Solomon Is. / New Calenodia,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+12.00) Auckland / Wellington,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+12.00) Fiji / Kamchatka / Marshall Is.,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=(GMT+13.00) Nuku'alofa,cn=timezones,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=message/rfc822,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=text/html,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=text/plain,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
adding new entry "cn=all,cn=mime,cn=config,cn=zimbra"
COMMAND: zmprov cs osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

27cc2f4b-2c41-11da-aa66-21507683926e

COMMAND: zmprov cd zimbra.orolix.com

29dd0d2e-2c41-11da-8cab-9d5b3c19dffe

COMMAND: zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomainName zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmprov ca admin@zimbra.orolix.com o9606430 zimbraIsAdminAccount TRUE

2cc7d12a-2c41-11da-9691-cbeccd7372b9

COMMAND: zmprov ms osiris.zimbra.orolix.com zimbraSmtpHostname osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: id=`zmprov gs osiris.zimbra.orolix.com | grep zimbraId | awk '{print $2}'`; for i in `zmprov gc default | grep zimbraMailHostPool | sed 's/zimbraMailHostPool: //'`; do host="$host zimbraMailHostPool $i"; done; zmprov mc default $host zimbraMailHostPool $id

COMMAND: /opt/zimbra/libexec/zmmtainit osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e av_notify_user=notify@osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e av_notify_domain=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e snmp_notify=0

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e smtp_notify=0

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e snmp_trap_host=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e smtp_source=none

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e smtp_destination=none

COMMAND: zmsnmpinit

creating /opt/zimbra/conf/swatchrc

COMMAND: zmprov ms osiris.zimbra.orolix.com zimbraServiceInstalled ldap zimbraServiceInstalled mailbox zimbraServiceInstalled mta zimbraServiceInstalled antivirus zimbraServiceInstalled antispam zimbraServiceInstalled snmp

COMMAND: zmprov ms osiris.zimbra.orolix.com zimbraServiceEnabled ldap zimbraServiceEnabled mailbox zimbraServiceEnabled mta zimbraServiceEnabled antivirus zimbraServiceEnabled antispam zimbraServiceEnabled snmp

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e zimbra_services="ldap mailbox mta antivirus antispam snmp"

COMMAND: zmcreatecert

** Creating CA private key
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key

.....++++++

..........++++++

writing new private key to '/opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key'

-----

** Creating CA cert
Signature ok

subject=/C=US/ST=N/A/L=N/A/O=Zimbra Collaboration Suite/CN=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

Getting Private key

** Importing CA
Certificate was added to keystore

keytool error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/zimbra/java/jre/lib/security/cacerts (Permission denied)

** Creating keystore
** Creating server cert request
** Signing cert request
Signature ok

subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

Getting CA Private Key

Signature ok

subject=/C=US/ST=NA/L=NA/O=Zimbra/OU=Zimbra/CN=osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

Getting Private key

COMMAND: zmcertinstall mailbox

** Importing server cert
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Failed to establish chain from reply

COMMAND: zmtlsctl http

COMMAND: zmcertinstall mta /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/server/smtpd.crt /opt/zimbra/ssl/ssl/ca/ca.key

** Importing server cert
COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -e ssl_allow_untrusted_certs=true

COMMAND: zmcontrol startup

Calling startup (osiris.zimbra.orolix.com)
perl /opt/zimbra/bin/zmmon &
RESPONSE: (Zimbra::Mon::serviceInfo)

antispam

status Running

antivirus

status Running

ldap

status Running

mailbox

status Running

mta

status Running

snmp

status Stopped

host

ip 192.168.120.49

name osiris.zimbra.orolix.com

COMMAND: zmlocalconfig -s > .localconfig.save.23765

COMMAND: zmprov gs osiris.zimbra.orolix.com > .zmprov.osiris.zimbra.orolix.com.save.23765

COMMAND: zmprov gacf osiris.zimbra.orolix.com > .zmprov.gacf.save.23765

Notice the error:

ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException localhost:389)

and also the previous error about certs.
As I said, before reinstall I cleaned up /opt/zimbra and verified the process and the ports.
Any other ideas?
----
Forgot to say, this is in my zimbra.log

Sep 23 11:36:36 osiris postfix/cleanup[18379]: warning: dict_ldap_lookup: Search error -5: Timed out

Sep 23 11:36:36 osiris postfix/cleanup[18379]: warning: 04073258B00: sender_canonical_maps map lookup problem for rodrigo@zimbra.orolix.com

rodrigoccurvo

Postby rodrigoccurvo » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:04 am

Magically, after some pray and sacrifices to the Gods of technology, it started to work (all I did was some shutdown and startup, with the same instalation that gave me errors. Now I don't get errors not even in the logs). I still would like to know any possible causes to that.
I am receiving some errors on Firefox/FC3, and I'll post them at the "Users" forum.
Thanks again.

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”