install without smtp,mysql,tomcat

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
dberg

Postby dberg » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:25 am

Hello,
I already have apache, qmail, openldap tomcat, mysql installed and running on a redhat server with iptables. I do not want to disturb that setup in anyway. Is it possible to have zimbra only install its core components, and use the existing install of the above software components? I dont see anywhere on how to do this.
thanks

17629anand
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Postby 17629anand » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 pm

dandus

Postby dandus » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:24 am

Well, I understand the point that Zimbra will still be coming along with their MySQL etc.
To me, the other stuff that come along woth Zimbra is OK only that I really want to run only one single copy of MySQL in my system. In you opinion based on Zimbra's future upgrade path that I can use the MySQL that comes with Zimbra for my other applications?
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby 14319KevinH » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:54 am

You can do what you wish. We won't reccomend or support this but there's nothing stopping you from using MySQL for other things. Just need to be careful with naming your databases not to conflict. Also want to make sure your apps don't overload the DB and cause Zimbra to slow down.

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”