Is zimbra compatible with cpanel?

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
pplayerz

Postby pplayerz » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:59 pm

If i have cpanel, I cant install zimbra? if I can, can someone tell me how?

9415drew

Postby 9415drew » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:07 pm

[quote user="pplayerz"]If i have cpanel, I cant install zimbra? if I can, can someone tell me how?[/QUOTE]
Because it uses its own MTA, I'd say it will definitely NOT work without some pretty serious configuration. It could be done with some work, and would be a pretty sweet addition.
joshuamorgan

Postby joshuamorgan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:34 am

if you have remote shell access via telnet/ssh you could probrably install it, but it may require some configuration changes to the server. you can't install it via cpanel however.
pplayerz

Postby pplayerz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:13 am

I dont think zimbra and cpanel can exist on the same server...some programs will overwrite each other between the two. But if anyone have it on the same server, please post direction on how to go about doing it.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby 14319KevinH » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:02 am

[quote user="pplayerz"]I dont think zimbra and cpanel can exist on the same server...some programs will overwrite each other between the two. But if anyone have it on the same server, please post direction on how to go about doing it.[/QUOTE]
Well if you just want to test you can shutdown cpanel and related services and then install Zimbra.
pplayerz

Postby pplayerz » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:53 pm

it wrk when i turn cpanel off but dont wrk when i turn cpanel back on...it world be great if zimbra can wrk with along with cpanel...others why people will choose cpanel instead because they need a control panel to manage their server.

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”