Where is the client

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
david_tuckar

Where is the client

Postby david_tuckar » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:49 am

I am just 3 hours old with zimb...

I have just downloaded the fc3 binary. Trying to install some problem. That I hope to fix it . However, I am curious to know where is the mail client for this mail server. I know it is browser based. Still some plugins might be required. Where I have to download those. Please correct me if I am wrong.

andreychek
Advanced member
Advanced member

Where is the client

Postby andreychek » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:14 am

[quote user="david_tuckar"] However, I am curious to know where is the mail client for this mail server. I know it is browser based. Still some plugins might be required. Where I have to download those. Please correct me if I am wrong.[/QUOTE]
The only requirement for the mail client is that you use a browser such as Mozilla/Firefox or Internet Explorer. It doesn't actually require a plugin.
So, once you get your Zimbra install up and running, you'll just be able to fire up your browser and go to town with it.
The Zimbra team has done a good job at taking advantage of features that browsers already have, which is why you don't need a plugin.
Good luck,

-Eric

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”