newbie help

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
vj2k

newbie help

Postby vj2k » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:45 am

Hi,

I work for a small educational non profit institute. I have setup zimbra and it is fuctioning ok.

I need a help on a couple of points

1. My institute has a remote hosted email say abc.edu, which we currently use for mailing. I need to setup a system for internal mailing

Can i have a system wherein i use the same abc.edu domain and the server responds in the following way

In case a user does not have a local abc.edu account it is automatically forwaded to our remotely hosted email service, what changes do i need to make

2. What changes do i need to make in the client (most of the users use outlook express) So that the local mail server is used
Pls excuse me if the questions are too trivial I am not too familiar with these systems

thanks

vijay

14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

newbie help

Postby 14319KevinH » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:56 am

1) Yes. Just set your hosted MTA as hte relay MTA for outgoing and the local fallback MTA for incoming email.
2)User's will need to change their server settings in Outlook, also set a new password if you didn't migrate the passwords.
vj2k

newbie help

Postby vj2k » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:07 am

Yes. Just set your hosted MTA as hte relay MTA for outgoing and the local fallback MTA for incoming email.
Could you kindly expand?

I do notunderstand this?
Secondly do i need to change my dns server addresses, we have a hosted dns
marcmac
Elite member
Elite member

newbie help

Postby marcmac » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:52 am

We have documentation. It covers alot of these topics.
In the admin console, you can set a relay host for outgoing mail.
If you've moved your mail server, then yes, you need to update DNS, or you won't get any mail.

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”