Server status data is not available

Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
paped

Postby paped » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:00 pm

I had the same problem when upgrading from 5.0.1 to 5.0.4 on Ubuntu 7.10, however a simple reboot of the server seems to have fixed it for me.... Could not see anything obvious in the log files and zmcontrol status showed everything including the logger working fine and running.....

mtanzer

Postby mtanzer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:50 am

Same problem here. zmcontrol status reports erverything ok, but Serverstatistcs and Serverstatus are not available - something seemes to die.
I upgraded to

zcs-NETWORK-5.0.10_GA_2638.UBUNTU6.20081003035628 to solve this problem - no success.
todd_dsm
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby todd_dsm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:17 am

I'd like to add my 2 bits as well...
Chasing down some of the suggestions in this forum posting was helpful in seeing what's going on within the OS but I'm no only a little closer to resolution.
To highlight the original error: when logging into the Admin UI, the server status is unavailable. 'zmcontrol status' shows all processes functioning normally.
I don't think this is bug, this appears to be an auth problem ending with PAM. Following Bevan Bennett's suggestion to check on the secure and cron log, I found what may be the root of it. Catting /var/log/secure didn't show anything of note. Catting /var/log/secure showed three errors repeated over and over:

Jun 22 18:18:01 hostname crond[19960]: User not known to the underlying authentication module

Jun 22 18:18:01 hostname crond[19960]: CRON (zimbra) ERROR: failed to open PAM security session: Bad file descriptor

Jun 22 18:18:01 hostname crond[19960]: CRON (zimbra) ERROR: cannot set security context

===

It's been hours later and it's fixed. The fix was posted on the second page here:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/23590-samba-posix-zimlet-home-directory-creation-2.html
The
moment my system-auth-ac PAM was right everything started working.
Thanks in advance,

todd_dsm
Don't forget to Vote for this RFE:

RFE: A place To Display the contents of 'My Documents'

Reasoning: It's new, bold, and cool.
schklaus

Postby schklaus » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:48 am

That hapenned to me, it turned out the mysql logger database was corrupted, re-run the installer (without making changes to your configuration) and it will fix it for you; it's as simple as that =)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby phoenix » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 am

You don't need to run the installer to fix logger db problems, the wiki has detail of troubleshooting steps.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
borngunners
Advanced member
Advanced member

Postby borngunners » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 pm

[quote user="10330phoenix"]You don't need to run the installer to fix logger db problems, the wiki has detail of troubleshooting steps.[/QUOTE]
I am having an issue with my server status logs. The server status log in the Admin GUI seems not to be available, but when I check the status in the console using the zmcontrol status command, everything seems to be working fine. I cand send and receive emails perfectly. I have followed the instructions suggested above, but to no avail.

I have attached a picture of the error.
Thanks

zimbra.jpg

auslfo

Postby auslfo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:10 am

[quote user="borngunners"]I am having an issue with my server status logs. The server status log in the Admin GUI seems not to be available, but when I check the status in the console using the zmcontrol status command, everything seems to be working fine. I cand send and receive emails perfectly. I have followed the instructions suggested above, but to no avail.

I have attached a picture of the error.

Thanks[/quote]

We have the same issue after upgrading from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 on fedora 7.

Thanks all
infosyst

Postby infosyst » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:09 pm

[quote user="auslfo"]We have the same issue after upgrading from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 on fedora 7.

Thanks all[/QUOTE]
I thought I was having the same issue with 6.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04. I then realized that I was logged into the admin console as myself, rather than as admin. I logged in as admin and the server status displayed correctly and indicated that everything was running ok. Not sure if this is your issue as well, but thought I would mention it just in case.
auslfo

Postby auslfo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:55 am

[quote user="infosyst"]I thought I was having the same issue with 6.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04. I then realized that I was logged into the admin console as myself, rather than as admin. I logged in as admin and the server status displayed correctly and indicated that everything was running ok. Not sure if this is your issue as well, but thought I would mention it just in case.[/quote]

Unfortunately this not work for us. Still have the problem.

Thank you
2144gaetan

Postby 2144gaetan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:37 am

[quote user="auslfo"]Unfortunately this not work for us. Still have the problem.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

We too, is there any bug opened in bugzilla to fill with data from the Logger wiki page?

Return to “Installation and Upgrade”