I've installed Zimbra and my first initiative afterward was to implement SSL/TLS. Now I wonder- what's the next step?
I'm going through as many wiki pages as I can, given time constraints, and there is a wealth of info here in the forum as well. There are also some blogs where people discuss their Zimbra activity.
But I haven't yet found a guide, a checklist, that suggests what steps a new admin should/must take after installation, and a suggested order of priority. I know the following are required learning, but for example in the area of security, I don't know what I don't know, and might be missing "obvious" things that need to be done with every installation.
- AntiSpam is obviously a concern and I will be spending a lot of time (forever?) trying to beef up this area.
- SPF, DKIM, DMARC - all priorities
- Get a good Qualys SSL Labs rating using this wiki page.
- I will want to add lots of filters to whitelist/blacklist and organize various types of mail.
- Automation is a goal to keep the environment updated and secure.
- Ensure ability to do fast backup/restore.
- Monitor resources
- Learning the zm commands is really important.
- Checking all of the various logs
- User management
- ... this can be a very big list ...
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.6 Patch 9 now available (includes fix for CVE-2017-8802). Read the announcement.
- Zimbra Collaboration 8.8.7 + Zimbra Connector for Outlook 8.8.7 are available.. Read the announcement.
- Are you a Zimbra Developer? You can find some interesting stuff in our Official GitHub: https://github.com/Zimbra and check the Community Projects too: https://github.com/Zimbra-Community/
Ask questions about your setup or get help installing ZCS server (ZD section below).
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests